Original topic:

Understand Updates are the responsibility of the Carriers

(Topic created: 07-28-2022 07:25 PM)
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is getting out of hand. For THE LAST TIME. Samsung makes the update and sends the update to the carriers. The carriers program it and edit it to make sure it works on the network. Blame your carrier for issues after updates. It's not samsung when they release the update to the carriers it is out of their hands. Go complain to your carrier and tell them theu are liars if they blame samsung. It's NOT SAMSUNG IT IS THE CARRIER HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID 

ITS THE CARRIER 
THE CARRIER 
THE CARRIER 

11 Replies
Zrocool63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
🤣🤣🤣 Easy there, last time I checked, public forums are there for people to express their issues and no one is forced to read them... Or is there a new bug with the last update that sends out notifications with someone says something we don't like? Because Samsung is going to have to fix that, we can't be having that mess!
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They are blaming samsung for a carrier thing. When countless people have told them it's a carrier. There is a difference between expressing an issue and complaining about something that is on the carrier and not the manufacturer
0 Likes
Zrocool63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just like you're blaming people for an **bleep** thing, same difference.. They're the same ones that will never contribute as Beta testing is intended and complain that their phone is glitchy on unstable releases! It'll be something else soon enough once it's released and it'll be like that for every update down the road... Besides, Samsung is a big organization, I'm sure they're not concerned about some off handed nonsense complaining because they haven't catered to the keyboard kiddies exactly when they want, ya know...
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No I'm stating they can stop blaming the manufacturer and read the fourms where people have temporarily solutions until there is a fix. You got a problem I don't care I'm getting sick of seeing the same oh my phone isn't working cause of this update when there are posts with temporary fixes. It's worse than the spam about free movies. Clearly samsung isn't watching this otherwise the spam and repeats would be gone.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm kind of with you on this. Half the questions here could be answered by the person performing a quick search on their web browser, YouTube, or these forums BEFORE they make their post.

A quarter contain so little information that there's nothing to go on. "Can't send text." Tells me nothing. Nor is it a request for assistance. It's just a statement.

I really do like to help people in this community, but some days I just back out, shaking my head.
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Exactly. Especially on posts that don't give the name of the phone, the network, the issue more than can't text or call. Then they get mad when you say what was already said. Like everyone knows about the s21 issues and there are temporary solutions to fix it until a proper fix is made. But they don't want to wait and say I'll just go to apple. I said straight up then go and spend the 1200+ on a phone where you can't do anything and realize your temporary problems wasn't a big issue. I like both iPhone and android but I'm not about to blow thousands on a phone that will get a patch within the next weeks that will more than likely fix the issue
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I assure you, it's both parties that are responsible.
Both manufacturer and carrier developers have very little understanding of what works, what's needed, and what's preferred.
I've had my carrier (tmobile) blame Samsung and I've had Samsung blame my carrier. Through my own research, I resolved the issue I had. Although Samsung was more at fault (since I purchased an unlocked phone from them), I found that both were at fault for failing to be informed about a very common issue that involves unlocked phones.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not samsung when the update is sent to the carriers its out of their hands. I went through the whole thing with the carrier blaming samsung and vise verse. Then I got a t mobile rep to explain the process which I wrote in the post. The s21 is the only line with the main issue and it seems to be a Verizon problem. So it's on the carrier that messed up the programming of the update that samsung sent
You don't see Koreans having this issue
Or Japanese users
Or users in the UK (they got a whole different set of issues and that's mostly the chip used)
It's an American, verizon, s21 line issue
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So Samsung releases the update to carriers who then test it on their network. They often will find an issue and they then have a decision to make: push out the update knowing that the error only affects a portion of their customers, notify Samsung, and wait for the patch or hold the update, notify Samsung, and wait for the corrected update.