cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Uninstalling apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the Samsung recommended method for uninstalling apps that will also uninstall any left over residuals? Samsung+, via app stores, applications manager or?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Uninstalling apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's a bit of truth behind what @Volkswagen7 mentioned in the first part. You can clear the cache and remove any data before force stopping them altogether. For me at first, I originally made sure that they were disabled and were to not receive any update notifications. Then you can just hide whatever you're not using. I don't believe there's really going to be a recommended method other than going that far.

I can't speak to rooting, as I know personally, and professionally, this will end up voiding your warranty. Which for a lot of folks, is a risk they're just not ready to commit to right away.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is not much you can do. 

Clean cache and delete data before you uninstall. 

You have more options if your phone is rooted. 

I found "Root Cleaner" very handy tool (there are others too) 

It will clean empty directories, delete orphaned files. 

Also has a option to clean Dalvik cache. 

Yeah on non rooted devices the garbage is piling up. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's a bit of truth behind what @Volkswagen7 mentioned in the first part. You can clear the cache and remove any data before force stopping them altogether. For me at first, I originally made sure that they were disabled and were to not receive any update notifications. Then you can just hide whatever you're not using. I don't believe there's really going to be a recommended method other than going that far.

I can't speak to rooting, as I know personally, and professionally, this will end up voiding your warranty. Which for a lot of folks, is a risk they're just not ready to commit to right away.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I've cleared cache and removed data before in the past, this has been my usual method but I have forced stop the apps first thinking it would stop all processes for the app like data and cache rebuildup after deleting. Is this not the case or does it matter? I know sometimes it builds automatically like some restart immediately after the force stop, though.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very vu good. 

@albszoso

I forgot to mention to forcefully stop the app. While process is running certain files are busy, tied it up by the running app. 

But you did it on your own. ☺ 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the good information!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to click on the "this helped me" and both answers as solutions but it doesnt let me

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where in my phone do I go to Uninstall apps? I don't want to forces top them I just want them gone. Taking up to much memory.