JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unknown USB device when trying to connect my S10 to my Dell computer

(Topic created: 03-27-2020 03:51 PM)
userTDS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whenever I connect my Samsung s10 to my Dell computer windows 10. I get an unknown USB Device (device descriptor requestor failed). How do I correct this. Please Help. Thank You

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give these steps a try:

1. Check for any windows updates,

2. Uninstall all Samsung drivers/software on your computer

3. Restart your computer

4. Wipe the cache partition on phone

5. Restart your phone

6. Reconnect your phone to the computer. (The computer should auto detect and update drivers)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Joellem
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hi @userTDS I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for this question. I understand you are having problems with your device at the moment and I would like to assist you to troubleshoot this problem.

you can try to use a different cable because of some cable if the damage cannot connect to the PC itself.

you can try to install the Samsung drivers too so it will be detected by the computer 

https://developer.samsung.com/mobile/android-usb-driver.html

if the problem still persists there's a chance that your port has a problem and needs to be cleaned or serviced 

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

0 Likes
userTDS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried all of the above.  now I get Unknown USB Device (set address failed).  Thank you so much for your help.  

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give these steps a try:

1. Check for any windows updates,

2. Uninstall all Samsung drivers/software on your computer

3. Restart your computer

4. Wipe the cache partition on phone

5. Restart your phone

6. Reconnect your phone to the computer. (The computer should auto detect and update drivers)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userTDS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried the steps you suggested and it worked.  Thank You so much for your help!!  This community is terrific.  Ted

0 Likes
userCucdmW2nNe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry to necropost, but I'm having a similar problem. My PC refuses to recognize my J7 when plugged into USB. It shows up as an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" which is what prompted me to download the latest Samsung USB drivers to begin with. I followed all of the instructions in @SamsungAdam's post but it still refuses to connect.

I bought the J7 to do some software development work, which is kinda difficult when you can't connect to the PC you're developing on...

0 Likes
CDE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did that 7 times I still get nothing even turned on debug both wifi and USB in developers options finally I got a piece of software called USB DEVIEW. It show the driver when it's plugged in as a superseded USB unknown device but still can't transfer any files.
0 Likes
CDE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung a13 android 13