cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterYoda1041
Asteroid

Unlinking/Linking Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here’s some backstory: I have a friend who intrigued me a while ago when she told me that she saves her contacts to her e-mail address, instead of to her phone or SIM card. As a result, I have since been doing the same thing (or so I thought). I recently found several stragglers. I have no idea who my friend’s service provider is, or what the brand/make/model of her phone is.

83 of my contacts are linked to either just my device, OR to my device AND my Google account. How do I unlink contacts from my phone and link them all to just my Google account?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MasterYoda1041
Asteroid

Re: Unlinking/Linking Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. From your "Contacts" list, open the menu that says "Select," "Delete," "Business cards," and so on
  2. Tap "Move device contacts to"
  3. Tap "Google"
  4. Tap "OK"

(Although all my contacts are now off my device and on my Gmail account contacts list, I discovered two more issues. 1. It appears the six contacts that were linked to my device AND my Google account at the time I started this topic last week are now linked to my Google account twice. 2. One of my contacts is listed two times under two slightly different names (e.g. Christy Smith and Christine Smith). With these two recently-discovered issues, when I tap "Manage similar contacts," the words "No contacts" appear.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would anyone in the community be able to assist with this?

MasterYoda1041
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I figured it out. If, after I perform the steps provided to me recently, I find that my issue is resolved, I will post the steps here and click the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" button.

Highlighted
MasterYoda1041
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. From your "Contacts" list, open the menu that says "Select," "Delete," "Business cards," and so on
  2. Tap "Move device contacts to"
  3. Tap "Google"
  4. Tap "OK"

(Although all my contacts are now off my device and on my Gmail account contacts list, I discovered two more issues. 1. It appears the six contacts that were linked to my device AND my Google account at the time I started this topic last week are now linked to my Google account twice. 2. One of my contacts is listed two times under two slightly different names (e.g. Christy Smith and Christine Smith). With these two recently-discovered issues, when I tap "Manage similar contacts," the words "No contacts" appear.)

View solution in original post

usersXtSEOQc8V
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for this! I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to remove the data attached to each contact. I went one by one and unlinked 136 contacts, all which had about 4-6 other accounts and data attached to them.