JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlock sound won't turn off

(Topic created: 06-23-2019 12:48 PM)
userpn8Py1tFHG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10 makes an annoying sound every time I unlock it. It does not make a sound when I lock it, just when I unlock it. Yes I have the screen lock/unlock sound disabled the "system sound and vibration" menu. It happens even when my system volume is all the way turned down

The only goes away when my notification sound is all the way down. It still makes a sound when I have DND on.

What the heck how to I turn this stupid thing off? 

19 Replies
user2VDNaf6Mx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungAdam you're a champ! Thanks man!

Had the same issue on a Note FE, and was quite puzzled. Google search led me here... great to find such support!

userr6E87Dj5Xe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OMG...this is crazy!!!! I have been trying to figure this out for days. Seriously. I just got my new Chase card in the mail with the touch ability and I put it in the credit card sleeve and didn't think twice. As soon as I take the card out, the problem stops. I would have NEVER thought of this. Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
userXwhqOxN0XV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OMFG!!! someone give this person a nobel prize.. this was driving me nuts. everytime i unlocked my phone for the last 2 weeks that god awful beep would make me wish i did not have ears.. it kept distrubing my child trying to goto sleep too.. 

0 Likes
userpQONIuOB3Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh my goodness you have saved me from being driven mad!!!!

You are the BEST!!!!

I shall no longer carry my cards in my phone...if where I am shopping doesn't use my phone as a payment type I'll jist take ot as a sign I don't need what I am trying to buy, one way to save money 😄 

Thank you SO MUCH Adam, you are a gem!!!

Sorry about  all the !!!!! I am just so happy to get  that anouying sound out of my day !!! 

Thanks again  Adam👍👌😃

0 Likes
userVs9neYG7FO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been trying for weeks to get rid of this sound. It's been driving me crazy. It turns out a couple of weeks ago I put my Visa card in the back of my phone case. Just took it out after reading your post and fixed the problem instantly. I can't thank you enough. Have a wonderful day. 
From one very happy camper. 😁😁😁

0 Likes
userpn8Py1tFHG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That was it! As soon as I turned off NFC it stopped! Thank you tons.

0 Likes
userLVh4sq5z07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yeah you made my day, this sound was ruining my vacation. And the culprit was the metro card that I bought and stored behind the protective cover. Back to switching on nfc when I pay.

Thx again 😀😀😀

0 Likes
Samsung_Z19C9VT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bill&Tina Roush

0 Likes
Hi bixby
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep it's the NFC reader trying to read my new Dave & Buster's card!  Drove me nuts for about a week!  Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
userRgJXbmQms3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had this start happening.  Turned off the NFC sound setting.  Annoying though because I use my phone for payment regularly.  Found the issue.  I have a cover on my phone that has a compartment to store two to three credit cards/ drivers license on the back.  I was storing a credit card back there that has the NFC chip on it.  The phone picks it up causing the notification sound to go off every time I unlocked it.  It also screws with the phones ability to use NFC when using it for payment.  I can't store it there.  So... If you have something like this, take out the credit card that has that feature and it will go away. 

0 Likes