JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked S10 on Verizon feature that work

(Topic created on: 2/22/20 1:01 PM)
Xrstoy1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anybody have a S10 or S20 series on Verizon I wonder if you can answer a couple questions for me?
I would like to confirm if or not bot Mobile Hotspot and MMS message work properly.
and any other quirks and besides the benefits of no belote ware, I'm planning on getting a S20+ but the Verizon version is $300 more than unlocked and I don't need or want Wi-Fi calling.
Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes it will work but for hotspot you have to have that included in your plan to work.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Xrstoy1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The price differance isn't the Price of the phone but the trade in, I got $600 for my S10 plus

towards a unlocked version buying outright, to get that with a branded phone I have to go through thier financing. I want to purchase this out right. Other wise I only get $310 for trade.

0 Likes
Solution
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes it will work but for hotspot you have to have that included in your plan to work.

View solution in context

MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You should have no issues with Hotspot or MMS using a Unlocked Galaxy device on Verizon's network. There are applications in each carrier's bloatware that do you can benefit from having but if you are using the unlocked model most carrier specific apps can be found on Google Play. 

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MarkC609  some carriers will block the usage of hotspot unless it is included in your plan but for unlocked devices sometime it will bypass this but it is still against the carrier's term.

Xrstoy1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My plan incluse unlimited Hotspot 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes