JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does unlocked phones have Wi-Fi calling capabilities?

(Topic created: 03-13-2018 10:48 AM)
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can someone tell me......if I buy an unlocked S9+, will it have WiFi calling capabilities with the carrier I bring it to?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
84 Replies
shadowsports
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userW0KaTAQQG9wrote:

Could you post a screen shot please?

A  screenshot of what?   The fully unlocked version of the phone does not support HD voice or Wi-Fi calling if AT&T is your carrier.

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
0 Likes
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I believe they were asking for a screenshot from the person above that says they have the option in settings on their unlocked phone.

0 Likes
shadowsports
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

He said he purchased the unlocked version, and AT&T is his carrier.  There is no wi-fi option.  It's not supported.  I have the same device and carrier. There is no menu or setting for this feature.  It's not supported in the unlocked variant. 

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
0 Likes
userSj04115LET
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a note 8 and the option is not available. I did down load the app and it just gives me an error pop up. My carrier is US Cellular.

0 Likes
Solution
userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Seems like it is completely dependent on carrier. I purchased the s9+ unlocked from best buy. I was with Verzion at that time. A wifi calling setting was no where on the phone. There was also no visual voicemail. I made the switch to tmobile last week and as soon as i put the sim card in i got a wifi calling notification an the option is now there. I also have tmobile visual voicemail. 

userHfTlARzcs6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

T mobile put in the sim card and still don't have wifi calling. 

@userDcTWtPzUhh wrote:

Seems like it is completely dependent on carrier. I purchased the s9+ unlocked from best buy. I was with Verzion at that time. A wifi calling setting was no where on the phone. There was also no visual voicemail. I made the switch to tmobile last week and as soon as i put the sim card in i got a wifi calling notification an the option is now there. I also have tmobile visual voicemail. 

userDcTWtPzUhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the setting there for it in the phone dialer app?

0 Likes
Godlike1978
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wi-Fi calling us available on Verizon with unlocked S9, go to the phone dialer app, settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom. I could never find it in settings and finally found it on accident. Sorry if this is a repeat msg, I was super happy to find it.

Eclectictaste
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone have experience with wi-fi calling on an unlocked phone bought directly from AT&T? I'm okay with paying full price, but really need wi-fi calling, and the ability to change sims when traveling overseas.

0 Likes
userx5a9wKXD8n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Me to I just bought a at&t s7 active . When I try to turn on wifi calling I get a message saying oops code re0006