Unnatural colors and tones - All Samsung camera phones !

Highlighted
Constellation

Unnatural colors and tones - All Samsung camera phones !

Samsung needs to give us a natural camera experience with the phones they make. Whenever I've compared images from any of my Samsung phones to other phones or not over the years I've never been overly excited with the results. This is due to the fact that these phones do not get the color tones, b&w tones correct. The front facing camera is another downer. The front facing camera is mediocre at best and it just does not produce good or great selfies.  I actualy hear  people with Iphones, Pixels & Huawei's talking about how much they love the camera on their phone. I have never heard that from a Samsung user. I want to to love the camera as I'm sure other users would attest to but Samsung you need to get out of your own way and listen as you did to users when creating the Galaxy S9 about changing the faulty location of the finger print scanner from the S8's.

Solution for the Samsung camera's for better photos (front face & rear):

1.  Send out software updates periodiacally to correct the auto camera alogorithm  color and b&w tones contrast and maybe the metering. 

2. Fine tune the auto camera mode to give a totally accurate natural picture and let the users fine tune as needed.

2. Work with a top  photography manufacturer to help you with the task above: (Fuji, Kodak, Olympus, Panasonic, Canon, Nikon)

Iv'e had all Samsung phones until about 2 years ago and then I bout a Huwaei because I wanted a better camera (would have gotten and Iphone but I don't like IOS) and I became spoiled.  I keep that phone with me when I want some great photos (selfies or other).

The overall expereince of a Samsung is better than other phones, but I would leave for the better smoothness and camera of the Huwaei or Pixel if they offered Samsung Pay. The delimma. 

1 REPLY
Constellation

Re: Unnatural colors and tones - All Samsung camera phones !

Add to this the lack of crisp details in photos from the S9 family and another LONG time Samsung user is about to return a new phone and go elsewhere as well.