JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update Problems - Notice Anything?

(Topic created: 04-19-2021 01:15 PM)
KemTech
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Since the update on April 18, 2021, I've had some weird things going on with my Galaxy S20 Note Ultra and wanted to see if anyone else noticed other odd things.

Since the update,
-Only LTE shows for signal
- I cannot receive/send MMS
-Constant "Network error" messages despite everything working fine.

My best friend's phone on the other hand, had multiple features greyed out and showed no signal at all for about an hour before everything became "normal" again.

I've done almost everything to fix this and have not had luck, but I mainly just want to know if anyone else has had odd things happen out of curiosity.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@KemTech 

I had the can't send/receive MMS issue. You will find a few threads here on the same issue. I tried many things, contacted AT&T with no resolution. Then I learned that my APN configuration was missing a lot of critical information. If you have AT&T you may want to try the following which solved the issue for me. If you have another carrier, you will need to find the correct APN values for that carrier. 

AT&T users, try this:

1. Open Settings
  2. Click on Connections
  3. Click on Mobile networks
  4. Click on Access Point Names
  5. Click Add
  6. Enter the values in this table: Screenshot_20210415180905_Chro-7c7278f1-b46d-428e-bdb5-1b5fc573ba68-1761911783.jpeg

View solution in context

5 Replies
userrflH3eMnbX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I also am unable to receive or send MMS since update yesterday.
userGNn8e5PsCK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I also can't send or receive mms since update. Bluetooth is also acting up when connected to watch and car.
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@KemTech 

I had the can't send/receive MMS issue. You will find a few threads here on the same issue. I tried many things, contacted AT&T with no resolution. Then I learned that my APN configuration was missing a lot of critical information. If you have AT&T you may want to try the following which solved the issue for me. If you have another carrier, you will need to find the correct APN values for that carrier. 

AT&T users, try this:

1. Open Settings
  2. Click on Connections
  3. Click on Mobile networks
  4. Click on Access Point Names
  5. Click Add
  6. Enter the values in this table: Screenshot_20210415180905_Chro-7c7278f1-b46d-428e-bdb5-1b5fc573ba68-1761911783.jpeg

Maddhatter22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Did all that, still doesn't work. Would taking it to AT&T be better? Tried reaching out to Samsung and a little disappointed, they sorta claimed they didn't know of this issue.
chica4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
@LongHiker
Thank you! Configuring the APN settings as you detailed fixed the issue for me. It's been a frustrating couple of days of trying many other troubleshooting items. I appreciate you sharing this info. Thanks again!
0 Likes