JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update Requires WiFi!

(Topic created: 01-19-2021 07:37 PM)
user3OJy4iJFBQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got a notice that there is an update for my S20FE but it want;s me to download it over WiFi which I do not have access to!?!

I have Unlimited Data coverage and use it 24.7. Peope come to me to use myWiFi. 

So why the ^#$( can't I use LTE to get my update!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user3OJy4iJFBQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I guess what I will have to do is take my SIM card out and put it back in my Pixel and update my Samsung phone from there using the hot spot then switch i the SIM back into the Samsung phone

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's a crazy rule they have... if one of your friends or family members have a data connection, maybe they'll let you hook up to theirs... ? I know that's not the solution you're looking for, but either that or going to some place that's not closed down that still has a hot spot like McDonald's or Starbucks or a big grocery store.... like walmart where they have WiFi. Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!
0 Likes
user3OJy4iJFBQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for the info.

I'm currently stuck at a VA facility and can't leave because of the current viral state of affairs.

So there's no going out or coming in the facility, except for staff.

This really makes me feel some kind of way about Samsung and it's not full of plesantries.

I might go back to my Pixel4 XL and just use this phone to watch content on.

It's a shame because I have it setup just like I wanted it too...

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey, the VA facility must have WiFi there... if they do, use that. 👍
user3OJy4iJFBQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes you would think they would but they don't!

@DGM wrote:
Hey, the VA facility must have WiFi there... if they do, use that. 👍

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
hmmm... a friend just came back a while ago from VA and they had it. I guess depends on region/facility... 😕
0 Likes
Sarajtr1st
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The $$$ we have to spend on these phones and connections should NOT require users to go to McDonald's  or VA or Public Library in order to download or any other function!  

What kind of solution is that?

user3OJy4iJFBQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
it's totally ridiculous and they should stop. the only way that I can update my phone is I have to get a secondary phone with a prepaid sim card with enough data on it to download the update which is totally sad in my opinion. I'll be glad when the OnePlus 9 pro comes out because I'm going to give it a try.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
stability
cellular connection is not stable
corrupt file results in dead phone
user3OJy4iJFBQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the info.

That's a BS reason IMO because my Pixel phone's never had problems, 1-4 .

So if that's samsung's reason they don't have a clue about doing software. I should have known a company that created Bixby would have issues. JK... kinda

0 Likes