Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userFvUZIoM3Mv
Constellation

Update ruined phone battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy s7. I got it around August and it was running on an older version. My battery life was amazing. The best I've ever had on a phone. But I noticed my phone was laggy so I updated it. And it's on android 7.0. Now the battery life is terrible. I listen to 1 song and it goes down 3 percent within a 4 minute song. It used to go down 1 percent every 8-12 minutes and I'm so mad. I cleared the cache and it didn't do anything.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Update ruined phone battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battery problems are the worst to deal with. Thanks for bringing your concern to the Community, @userFvUZIoM3Mv.
Let's go over a few things to make sure we have everything correct on our end:

• Make sure you are only using the Samsung OEM charging accessories for the phone. Third party ones not configured for your device can cause unexpected results.
  • Make sure your operating system as well as all of your Play Store & Galaxy App Store apps are up to date.  If you have any compatibility problems with your software on the phone due to having some software updated while others are not, your processor may start running more than expected which can cause a warmer temperature as well as a lower battery life.
  • Always utilize our Safe Mode option on the phone to help isolate the problem from third party apps. If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one.
  • It's also good idea to clear your app cache as well as your cache partition. It's supposed to allow the system to run more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

You can also check out our support article on how to monitor & extend your battery life. Keep us posted on your results! Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battery problems are the worst to deal with. Thanks for bringing your concern to the Community, @userFvUZIoM3Mv.
Let's go over a few things to make sure we have everything correct on our end:

• Make sure you are only using the Samsung OEM charging accessories for the phone. Third party ones not configured for your device can cause unexpected results.
  • Make sure your operating system as well as all of your Play Store & Galaxy App Store apps are up to date.  If you have any compatibility problems with your software on the phone due to having some software updated while others are not, your processor may start running more than expected which can cause a warmer temperature as well as a lower battery life.
  • Always utilize our Safe Mode option on the phone to help isolate the problem from third party apps. If your device functions normally while in Safe Mode, you may want to go ahead and start deleting your third party apps (You can always redownload a new copy from the Galaxy App or Google Play stores). A best practice would be to either start with the most recently downloaded and work your way backwards, or to uninstall all of them and redownload one by one.
  • It's also good idea to clear your app cache as well as your cache partition. It's supposed to allow the system to run more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

You can also check out our support article on how to monitor & extend your battery life. Keep us posted on your results! Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFvUZIoM3Mv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I put my phone on safe mode and it was working fine. I wasnt sure which apps were causing trouble so I cleared the cache again and did a factory reset and slowly began downloading things again and checking to see how they affect the battery. My phone is okay now thankfully. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to give me some advice Smiley Happy

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anytime at all! I'm so glad this helped!