cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Update won't download without wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I currently have unlimited 4G data and got a notification that I had an update available but I couldn't download it because I wasn't on Wi-Fi. Anyway around this? I don't not have any data limits on my phone either.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Update won't download without wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It really depends on where the update came from and the size of the update. I personally have a Note 9 with T-mobile and a couple of the T-mobile updates have required me to be on wi-fi despite me also having an unlimited data plan. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It really depends on where the update came from and the size of the update. I personally have a Note 9 with T-mobile and a couple of the T-mobile updates have required me to be on wi-fi despite me also having an unlimited data plan. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is Not a solution,  it's just someone commenting about the same problem. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS Has Not been SOLVED.  It's just someone else commenting.

"Re: Update won't download without wifi

It really depends on where the update came from and the size of the update. I personally have a Note 9 with T-mobile and a couple of the T-mobile updates have required me to be on wi-fi despite me also having an unlimited data plan"

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If someone else's phone has unlimited data you can go through their hotspot. This may not be ideal for you though.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Setting- About Device - Software Updates

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. There is NO option to download system updates using mobile data. So frustrating!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is NO option on my Note 9 to download over mobile data there either. Doesn't exist.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
still nothing on the Note Ultra 20 either. it's a basic thing samsung. let's get it together here.