cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Will there be anymore future updates for the S8+?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userqDGsFyahTA and @WorldOfDarkness94 

I don't believe the S8+ will receive further updates other than Security Updates for the firmware, which happen each quarter for Android. A great guide on this is here.

Read more at these third party sites:

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It does Not Seem like it as the Android 10 and One UI2.0 will only Come to S9 and up
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userqDGsFyahTA and @WorldOfDarkness94 

I don't believe the S8+ will receive further updates other than Security Updates for the firmware, which happen each quarter for Android. A great guide on this is here.

Read more at these third party sites:

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes! They won't be getting major OS Updates but, the devices will now receive a single firmware update every three months which will bundle all the security patches from the preceding months. I hope this helps!
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.