Original topic:

Updates without wifi!!!

(Topic created: 05-02-2021 01:08 PM)
kingfury
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I live in Alaska and <edit> I cannot download updates without wifi. I pay for service I can barely use just because I have to but, trying to keep this phone updated is so much harder than it has to be. You act like everyone has wifi, geez. This is a real problem and there's no reason I have to pay for wifi when I have unlimited data and should be able to download an update with paying 300$. Fix this very stupid problem.

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, it should be up to the user if they wish to use wifi or their mobile network. The only reason I can think that they don't allow it is they probably have some sort of deal with the mobile carriers to not allow it so they won't have to provide the bandwidth.
user26MVjDBRMB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung **bleep** for this! I grow tired of Samsung following in Apples foot steps... I think it's time to buy other products... Why can't I download an update on mobile data? This is ridiculous, mobile data is unlimited and I have to use wifi which is not unlimited... Thanks Samsung for the high prices junk that I need to find wifi to update... Please go back to operator option for mobile data or wifi for updates.
0 Likes