JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Usb c earphones not working on s8+

(Topic created: 04-14-2020 02:20 AM)
userKQRtdmZkKl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I took the usb c earphones from my father's s20 and I've been using it fine, suddenly as i was watching a video the sound stopped coming out of the earphones and only through the speaker, i checked on my sisters s8 and it worked for her, so it's on my phone specifically, how do i fix it

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you experience this if you test your device in safe mode? 

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if you continue to experience this symptom.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you experience this if you test your device in safe mode? 

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if you continue to experience this symptom.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userKQRtdmZkKl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes thank you it worked.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Awesome sauce! I'm glad to hear you're back up and running. Let us know if you run into any more strangeness.

0 Likes
AgentSnow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @SamsungCole, I'm trying to use USB-C earbuds (the ones from the s20 series) on my s8+, and the sound continues playing through my speakers. I tried the "reboot in safe mode" method, but no luck.

Are there any other tricks I might be missing? I tried the earbuds on my PC and they work fine there.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When the phone was in safe mode, did you happen to test the headphones? If so, did they seem to work while the phone was in safe mode or no change?

0 Likes
AgentSnow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
@SamsungJace
I did test the headphones in safe mode, but the sound continued to play through the speakers instead. Could there be a USB port setting that I'm missing?
user2ZIQ9q16YU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here on my Galaxy S8+. I tried safe mode and calls still not working with USB-C phones, other media and apps like Spotify work well, only regular calls are not working. Everything works on my Galaxy S20 Ultra, including calls (Original phone of S20 Ultra). Can someone escalate this? We need a higher level of support to take a look and really fix this issue? The safe mode workaround is not working for S8+. 
Steps to reproduce. Connect Samsung USB-C phones on S8+.
Issue
The phone does not work for regular calls, only other media.
Issue persists in the Safe Mode.
Other Info
The phone works perfectly on Galaxy S20 Ultra, including calls.

0 Likes