Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Misty
Constellation

Using Samsung S7 Smart Switch Device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought S7 with free VR two days ago and immediately installed the 6 game bundle gifts that will work on the VR. I am now planning to use the smart switch device to transfer my contacts, videos, pics, music, messages, notes and apps from my old S4 to S7.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to loss the 6 bundle games/gifts on using the smart switch? I heard that I can no longer reinstalled the bundle game/gift once erased/deleted.

By transferring the apps of my old S4, will it erase all the new installed apps on the S7 and the S7 will just have the same apps as the S4? Or the S4 apps will be added to the already installed S7 apps (ex. oculus)?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Using Samsung S7 Smart Switch Device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon, welcome to the community! When transferring information from the S4 to the S7 the applications and pictures should "merge". For example, if you have the facebook application downloaded to the S7 and you are currently running the facebook application on the Android 6.0 version, then when attempting to move the app from the S4, nothing will happen. However, lets say you want to move the Twitter application over to the S7 from the S4 but it was not already installed on the S7. Then the S4 version will install on the S7 and ask for an update to push the most recent version. In regards to the Oculus game bundle, this can be reinstalled after deleting as long as you use the same Oculus account to reinstall. Hope this helps! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon, welcome to the community! When transferring information from the S4 to the S7 the applications and pictures should "merge". For example, if you have the facebook application downloaded to the S7 and you are currently running the facebook application on the Android 6.0 version, then when attempting to move the app from the S4, nothing will happen. However, lets say you want to move the Twitter application over to the S7 from the S4 but it was not already installed on the S7. Then the S4 version will install on the S7 and ask for an update to push the most recent version. In regards to the Oculus game bundle, this can be reinstalled after deleting as long as you use the same Oculus account to reinstall. Hope this helps! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Misty
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for the clear answers.

For a follow up question, if the apps that will be transferred is a game app and the game on S4 progress already at a higher level, say level 4. Is the newly transferred game app on the S7 will start to level 1 or will continue on level 4.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This will depend on the game and if you had linked the game to say your facebook account or google account. Any games that are linked to an account can be signed into and reloaded at the save point, however if it was not previously linked then you would begin as if you had first downloaded the app.