JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Video text messages broken after Android 11 update

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 09:20 PM)
NAG007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the unlocked regular S10 on Verizon. After I got the Android 11/OneUI 3 update, I can't open videos sent through text messages. They show up as a still frame with no option to play them. With video messages that have audio, two messages arrive- the still frame and one with the audio in a .qcp file.

I'm using the default Samsung Messages app and it is up to date on software version 12.1.10.15

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no authorized way to revert back to a previous update.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
jasmithvr6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unlocked S10e on Visible (Verizon) with the same problem.  Video texts are split into 2 separate files. One still pic and one audio file.  Seems to happen in both SMS and MMS texts sent from iPhone users (Android to Android is fine). I can send videos to iPhone users with no problem. This all started after Android 11 and OneUI 3 update.  I'm using Textra app, but same issue with Google Messages and Samsung Messages. Need help with this ASAP!

userWgZEGPoURp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unlocked s10 on Verizon also doing the same thing 

0 Likes
CMac16
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same problem. Any solution yet?
0 Likes
Sunshine303
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here. I cleared my cache because my phone wouldn't connect to wifi unless I restarted every time I wanted to auto connect (wifi options wouldn't even show up otherwise!) This suggestion was supplied for an older android update and didn't work. Tempted to remove the update because this is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
user9EFs8X5nx5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How can you remove the update and revert back to an older update? 

0 Likes
jasmithvr6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue can't be affecting just 5 people.  Where is Samsung to help with a solution?!?

0 Likes
userunvSONnfur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There are a few threads on this topic. All have silence from Samsung. Really frustrating

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same issue. i have tried all ten steps provided by droid guy.
0 Likes
useri0zXtJ7FZB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue. Very frustrating!!!

0 Likes