Original topic:

Visual voicemail error galaxy s10e

(Topic created: 08-16-2021 02:12 PM)
BHarris2612
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I posted yesterday about not being able to find or access samsung visual voicemail on my new galaxy s10e running android 11. Could the reason its not available be because I didn't set it up before installing the android 11 update? If I factory reset/ hard reset my device back to the way it was when it came out of the box will I be able to possibly set it up then and install the android updates after? I don't want to have to reset my phone but it's the only thing I can think of to try. It's 2021 and I don't want to have to go back in time an have call my voicemail just to check it. Samsung visual voicemail worked perfect on my galaxy s9 with the same carrier. I thought getting a newer model phone was an upgrade but so far it's been a complete downgrade. No visual voicemail, no edge lighting settings wish I would have just kept my galaxy s9. This is the error code I receive when I sent a link from my s9 to my s10e for the samsung visual voicemail,

The content is not available on phone anymore, to report this issue go to settings/ help and enter the code (com.samsung.vvm.se2290:9901:133cb28bc011). When I go to settings/ help and enter the code it says no results found so that's pointless. Any ideas before I reset my phone?

2 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

don't factory reset... visual voice mail is handled by the carriers. If you have the unlocked then you just download a 3rd party VVM app that you find suitable.

0 Likes
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have AT&T and lost visual voicemail however I do have voicemail through the Galaxy Store that automatically linked to my carrier voicemail.
FYI if you have an unlocked phone and are using AT&T you can not get visual voicemail even though they say you should.
Good luck.
0 Likes