Voice Recorder stops when camera opened

Highlighted
Constellation

Voice Recorder stops when camera opened

Hello,

I could not find any answer to this online so here it is:

I am recording some events with the voice recorder, and taking pictures at the same time. But when I open the camera, the voice recorder stops recording and is giving me onscreen message that the file have been saved.

How to fix this???

See more topics labeled with:

3 REPLIES
Contributor (E)

Re: Voice Recorder stops when camera opened

Just a guess- I am mostly sure the voice recorder stops because the camera likely is prepared to record video and takes priority access to the microphone over the voice recorder because it is the most recently opened app. Let me see if there is a way around this. You might need to disable permission for the camera to use the microphone, again a gueas... I can also check to see if there is a good app for recording sound that can still do so if the camera is opened. Not all apps are equal. Give me some time and I'll give you a more in depth answer. 

Contributor (E)

[ Edited ]

Goran Petkov wrote:

Hello,

I could not find any answer to this online so here it is:

I am recording 

Read about this app and down load it if it sounds like it will suit your needs. 

Over 260,000 people gave it 5 stars and it has 10 million down loads and looks pretty spiffy all in all.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrwq.recorder

UPDATE: 

I tried this app and it worked... the audio did not stop recording when I opened my camera app and kept recording while I took a picture. 

Constellation

Yup.  The audio is supposed to stop when the camera opens, and the current recording automatically saves.