Original topic:

Want a sound when texts arrive even if screen is on

(Topic created on: 3/21/21 8:21 AM)
userYDiPikr3pk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A really annoying thing I have lived with for several generations of Samsung phones is the lack of text notifications while the screen is on. I'll get a ding when the screen if off. But I don't stare at my phone for a minute, waiting for either a new text to arrive or my screen to go black. I keep watching my youtube video, or checking email or talking to someone. If my text gets a response while my attention is off the phone I will not notice and check back several minutes (or hours) later and find that the reply.

Any way to fix this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmmmm. doesn't happen here. have you checked your Well-being Settings?
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userYDiPikr3pk

I have a setting in the phone app, Call alerts and ring tones, Notify During Calls. Alarms and notifications play the tones we set up for them. Also adds the notification to the pull down panel and blinks the led. 

With Netflix, HBO and other streaming software edge screen sends pop-up notification and edge lighting they're pretty hard to miss. Gmail, messenges ect are active for that. There's always a possibility that a streaming app might block a notification but I haven't noticed one yet.

Best regards,

CLF 

0 Likes
userYDiPikr3pk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I think I may have been unclear, sorry. I text on my phone and use my computer for email and YouTube so my attention goes completely off the phone. I would like my text app do make a sound whenever a text comes in, even while I'm in the messages app and the phone is unlocked.
0 Likes