cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_Hanson0427
Constellation

Warning camera failed on Samsung Galaxy S7

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I keep getting this message that says Warning camera failed everytime I open the camera app. I also get a message that says unable to turn on flashlight camera light being used by camera. I have restarted the phone, cleared the cache, rebooted in safe mode, and even did a factory reset. I have tried to update the Android software to version 8 because I have version 7 and it says my software is I'm to date. I have Cricket wireless as my carrier if that means anything.  I'm about to back over the phone with my car. Screenshot_20191218-181856.png

Screenshot_20191218-181838.png

12 REPLIES 12
NinjaTechie
Astronaut

Re: Warning camera failed on Samsung Galaxy S7

What seems to be the problems is the Smart Stay on the display is thinking the Front Camera is being used so go into your phone display settings and turn off Smart stay go to Settings -> Display -> Smart Stay and turn it off and see if that fixes it, it's not a permanent fix but it will help see if that is the issue

C_Hanson0427
Constellation

I turned SmartStay off, but it still does it.

NinjaTechie
Astronaut

Restart the phone and try again, sometime I restart will be needed to full recognize it was turned off, if not have you wiped the System Cache, i know you did a full factory restart and it didnt help so idk that will fix it If not ot might be the software itself

C_Hanson0427
Constellation

That was one of the first things I tried. Sadly I think I've tried everything.  I can't afford to buy a new phone right now either.

NinjaTechie
Astronaut

Oh yeah definitely phones are not cheap, last thing I'd double check is if you have a SD card in it remove it and try that because I know sometimes a corrupted SD card can cause an issue like that because it did happen one of my friends S7 when they had it. If you dont then samsung support itself might be able to do something, Sorry to hear none of the methods fixed it for you!

C_Hanson0427
Constellation

I just tried removing the sd card and it still did it. Maybe Samsung support will be able to help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried force stopping, and clearing the cache and data on all of your apps that use the camera?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCkrfIO7B1n
Constellation

Hello sir, i have the same problem, but only with selfie camera, normal is fine, it's working..

I tryed everything i saw on the internet, i was watching the videos, i was reading the things, but nothing.. 

What could i do else? All Regards to you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userCkrfIO7B1n What troubleshooting steps have you already tried so I can provide any other appropriate steps to help?