cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrkbrny
Asteroid

Waterproof Galaxy S6?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently had a problem with my S6 and went to T-Mobile to have it solved. During that visit I was led to believe by the manager that the S6 is actually waterproof too. He explained that they don't advertise it but it is actually waterproof, but not to the same depth as the S5 or S7. Can anyone clear this up for me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user_ysn
Cosmic Ray

Re: Waterproof Galaxy S6?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For the S5, water resistance rating is 7 (water-resistant up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes) while for the S6 Active, S7 and S7 Edge it is 8 (water-resistant up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes). The S6 and S6 Edge are NOT rated waterproof, but they might just survive spills/splashes as can be seen here:
http://bgr.com/2015/03/30/galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-waterproof/
7 REPLIES 7
user_ysn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For the S5, water resistance rating is 7 (water-resistant up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes) while for the S6 Active, S7 and S7 Edge it is 8 (water-resistant up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes). The S6 and S6 Edge are NOT rated waterproof, but they might just survive spills/splashes as can be seen here:
http://bgr.com/2015/03/30/galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-waterproof/
Mrkbrny
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the info.

I was hoping to be able to wash my phone under running water occasionally as I did with my S5.

user1p86gUrhtE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S6 fell in the tub a few mornings ago.  The home screen is constantly moving on regular and energy saver mode.  The back button does not work.  Is this fixable?

userst6mENSU4v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Power down your phone for 24 hours and use a hair blower to dry it up. Samsung offer repair warranty for this type of situation, but it will cost you a lot. To flush out water out of your phone completely with no debris in my local cellphone repair shop is $89.99 plus labor, and that doesn't include repairing.  

I accident water damage my Galaxy S5 when I forgot to take it out off my pant pocket before doing laundry, the phone still able to power on, volume control work, able to play music and taking picture and other stuff. But the problems is, the screen is completely screw inside, home button doesn't work, back recent touch key and charging port not working either and battery probably screw as well. Repairing probably cost $200 or more, so instead of repair it,  i'm just going to get a brand new T-Mobile S7 for $480. I also doubt more problems will arrive after repairing.   

user_ysn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1p86gUrhtE wrote:

My Galaxy S6 fell in the tub a few mornings ago.  The home screen is constantly moving on regular and energy saver mode.  The back button does not work.  Is this fixable?

Is this fixable? Can't really say for sure. The best thing you can do is not use it until it is completely dry. I guess you tried turning it on already, so my advice would be to power it down, remove the sim card, etc. ( use a vacuum cleaner around the ports ) and wait until you're convinced the phone is dry inside out before turning it back on. If the problem persists, take your device down to a Samsung service center and see what they have to say. 

userFos5sEgXwO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Galaxy s6 it is really full waterproof.
I droped it in a river of rain for 2 minutes then
I dry it with a sesouar for 30 minutes and finally
i sucked it multiple times to take out the water.
It works fine😂😂
userdauIBuNTp9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No try more than 2 mins. It's not waterproof you just was lucky. Don't be surprised if it starts acting crazy later  in its life span.