Original topic:

Weird Result of Update to Android 13

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 06:46 AM)
SageInTheCity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not sure what happened with the new update to Android 13 but all apps were buggy and not working after the recent update. At first, all the apps were closing and giving the message that "the app closed because there was a bug and to clear cache" for almost every single app. I kept restarting the phone but that didn't do anything - until I started seeing messages that certain apps couldn't work because the "webview" app was missing. "Huh" I thought?
Then I researched on here I think...or just did a g-search for the "webview app." There were two versions in the Play Store. So I uninstalled 1 version and installed the other one...I did see something about a "beta version"...so not sure if that had something to do with the system errors after the update. 
Gmail was having lots of issues and that was especially problematic because my data is backed up to my account. I saw a lot of people has issues with Gmail too after the update.

I have a GalaxyS20.

6 Replies
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You need to clear system cache and/or download and run this app
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.appbooster and then restart your phone

If any apps still malfunction, uninstall and re-install if necessary
0 Likes
SageInTheCity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Perhaps but my system and all apps are working now as before the update. So I didn't need to reinstall the other apps after I did the Webview uninstall/reinstall.

My main point though is that I never needed to do all of that with any prior update. And I've only had Galaxy phones for the past decade. So even to have to do all this de-bugging is crazy to me.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try rebooting into recovery mode, clear the cache, and then run the repair apps option. Your phone will restart. Test out. LMK if this helps! GL!
0 Likes
SageInTheCity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No. That would be too much work! Lol. I shouldn't have to do all that. But I'm good now. Thanks!
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not too much work at all! But, to each their own!
0 Likes
userLR8o6V758Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got my update on 11/21, shortly before you posted this and >90% of the time I still can't open any apps for more than 1-2 seconds!! It's Jan 28th now, & I've tried disabling, uninstalling, & updating all 3 versions of A.S.Webview & Chrome because I remember this happening after an OS update once before, maybe in '20 or '21 & that being the "fix"... I get those "app closed due to bug-clear cache messages for apps that haven't been opened for actual years & never on this phone!? If you remember any more detail re: exactly what you did it would be appreciated more than I can put into words... sorry and thank you, desperately fruatrated & phoneless 😕
0 Likes