Original topic:

WhatsApp notifactions & alerts stopped working

(Topic created: 07-25-2021 06:22 AM)
userlPsAFFX5bi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have tried checking and re-setting every volume and notification setting, and have cleared the WhatsApp cache - but since 24/7/21 I have not been receiving any notification icons, nor sounds, for WhatsApp messages.  I cannot see if I have any messages on my S10.

Can anyone help?  I am on the O2 network.

8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Boot to recovery mode and repair apps
0 Likes
userlPsAFFX5bi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't get into recovery mode. The fix - holding Bixby button + volume up + on/off - then release on/off simply turns the phone on.  Does not show bot/recovery screen

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Keep holding
It would go into recovery after the samsung logo
0 Likes
userlPsAFFX5bi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

From Samsung logo it goes straight into main start up.  Not sure why - and I cannot get the android logo up - nor a boot screen at all.  Still no WhatsApp notifications either.  Multiple re-starts have not resolved the issue.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userlPsAFFX5bi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiqe9_6seuc

Thanks for trying.  That video did not help.

The video posted in this message works.  You need to connect a USBc headset cable to the S10 and then carry out the re-start process.  This has re-set the boot screen.  I have completed 'repair apps' but it did not resolve the problem with missing sound / notification / pop-up in WhatsApp.

So you updated your Samsung phone and can't boot into recovery mode? If you have Android 10 or newer version, try this solution. Should Work for all new mode...
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In that case, maybe it's better to clear data of the app and setup it up again
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it? 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

0 Likes