JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When I dictate text, sometimes it is doubled and sometimes "Is" is inserted at the beginning

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 12:25 PM)
usera6UWQKppCL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ on T-Mobile. When I am writing text in an email or a text message or using the Duolingo language learning app and I am dictating, sometimes a sentence I dictate appears twice. Also sometimes the word "Is" is inserted at the beginning of the dictated text. Most of the time when the analysis of my dictation is finished, the phone removes the "Is" but not always. The doubling of the text usually doesn't appear until the analysis of my dictation finishes. Please see screen shots below. On the one that shows "Is 1234" I only spoke "one two three four". I did not say "Is". All of these were taken from the language learning app "Duolingo". Does anyone have any idea how to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Don

Double Dictation 2.jpgIS inserted at beginning.jpgDouble Dictation.jpgDouble Dictation with IS inserted at beginning.jpg

6 Replies
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can certainly understand how frustrating duplicating text can be. Have you tried the steps listed in the solution here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Duplication-of-text-phrases-using-voice-to-text-NOT-d...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usera6UWQKppCL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I changed the preference to Google in both places as mentioned in the link SamsungCole provided. Time will tell if it fixes the problem. I should know in a couple of days. If so I will come back here and accept as the solution.

Thanks,
Don

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

submit an error report when it happens again

Samsung Members app > + Button > Error report

0 Likes
usera6UWQKppCL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't see "Samsung Members" app on my phone and searching for it in Google Play doesn't bring up an app with that name.

Don

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The member app is this app that you are using.
Go to home page of this app and select help
0 Likes
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My keyboard has been doing something similar to me too but just for typing. It will type a word twice when I definitely typed a new word. For example. If I typed the sentence, here we go then. It would type here we go go then. Things like that. I don't get it.
0 Likes