Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bsmith94
Cosmic Ray

When will thr s7edge get android 7.0 ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone 

I see it has been released here in the u.s but Verizon hasn't gotten it yet . has anyone else ? 

Does anyone know if they added more notifications to the always on display or is it still just messages and calls from the stock apps ? I see videos that seem to make it look like the 7.0 is ALMOST identical to the note 7 os. anyone get it yet , give me some details  !thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: When will thr s7edge get android 7.0 ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Bsmith94. While there are some Google/Andriod operating devices that have upgraded to 7.0 it has yet to hit any Samsung devices. There is a Beta test going on right now to make sure that the update goes smoothly when it is released though. Whenever it's ready, carriers will start releasing it to their customers!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Bsmith94. While there are some Google/Andriod operating devices that have upgraded to 7.0 it has yet to hit any Samsung devices. There is a Beta test going on right now to make sure that the update goes smoothly when it is released though. Whenever it's ready, carriers will start releasing it to their customers!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Bsmith94
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks will there be any new features ? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Bsmith94

Currently, we cannot speculate on what new enhancements or features may accompany new updates. We ask that you stay tuned to Samsung.com and you carriers for information on when Nougat becomes available to you. Have a wonderful day!

Vivekvarma02
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, optimumind , that sucks..they completely forgot us. We paid upfront more than the international unlocked and carrier crap here, and they now released beta for both of them, and they completely think that we are irrelevant.. this would be my last samsung product, should have waited another two months and then should have bought Pixel Xl unlocked. crap I will never buy samsung again.

If anybody know anyone who can send this concern over to samsung about this crappy thing.

Farzadj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1- since there is no specific date, how the end user can find out where is the process and get update from samsung team from step by step of the process befor release the final version?

2- how the end user can contribute to the update? Like suggestions for new and improved features! Or any other kind of help to make better phone and more user-friendly...

(It will be win-win for Samsung and user. User get the phone they like.... and samsung makes better phone and attract more consumers)

turtlel0v3r
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Installed the Beta OS for about three days and my guestimate is that we're still months away from an Official release of Nougat.