JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where does camera roll get specified?

(Topic created: 02-27-2021 11:04 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I take pictures, they automatically go to the Camera Roll folder on OneDrive.  Where is the specification on the phone as to where that  Camera Roll folder is?  My wife has one and I have a different one.  I can't find where a setting might be that names the folder for "camera roll".

12 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
OK I think I understand now so forget the Samsung cloud app since you don't have...it in the OneDrive app it looks like whenever you take a picture it automatically goes into the picture folder and when you click on that you'll see camera roll (but it's not the same camera roll as the one in the files on OneDrive that something totally different.)
I don't know if you can change that setting I think it's automatically defaulted to Pictures file folder...

I just went back into the OneDrive app and I noticed that on top of the pictures to the right you'll see Filter, click on that and you'll see Samsung gallery and Pictures folder (it used to read OneDrive folder) so I think that answered the question..pictures/videos are definitely defaulted into the Picture Folder and I don't think you can change that.
0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nope all my photos and videos go into "SkyDrive camera roll" in the cloud.  Hence why I'm trying to find where that setting is so that I can potentially change it.  I presume since you, for instance, have it in a different place, SOMETHING SOMEWHERE must be keeping track of that location and be "changeable".

Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, I just renamed the folder and somehow it found it at the new location.  So it made it easy to use, but, being a programmer, I'd still like to know where it keeps that information.