cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why do I keep getting 'Screen overlay detected' whenever I try to give a new app permissions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tried that & all good. Still a pain, but all good. ty.

Neutron Star

Re: Why do I keep getting 'Screen overlay detected' whenever I try to give a new app permissions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Glad that it worked out. Seems that you were previously aniPhone user. With Android you get more control and with that comes more ways to shoot yourself sometimes in the foot Smiley Happy
Don't get discouraged. Community is here to help you and after a while it will be super easy.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The worst thing is the HORRIBLE battery life on this phone! )-:

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How horrible is horrible? I have to charge my phone towards 4-5pm or I wont make it till 11pm. But I use my phone a lot. I read email 2-3 hours a day on my phone.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's about all the longer my phone lasts. My last phone (iPhone 6 Plus) lasted all day & a little into the next with heavy use. It was AMAZING!

MamaCassDowning
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@halloweenspook wrote:

That's about all the longer my phone lasts. My last phone (iPhone 6 Plus) lasted all day & a little into the next with heavy use. It was AMAZING!

If it is so amazing why did you leave it? It's not outdated yet, so why go to Samsung for a phone? Everyone knows Samsung hasn't made anything good since the S5 and Note 4.

LindaYeh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge phone and the screen overlay message kept popping up and no matter what I did it would not go away.  I do not have the Twilight application; I don't even know what that is.  I read people's complaints on Google and what they did to fix it. The fix for me was to delete CleanMaster and the moment I deleted it the screen overlay problem stopped completely.

AshokKSharma
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Linda is absolutely right. Even I don't own any such app. Useless solution. Nothing happens even after you carry on deleting apps after apps. This bloody Screen Overlay Detected never ever stops bothering you. I curse myself to but such a costly trash.. 

uservd0DZDniLy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do too have this problem on my 2017 A7 phone, I disabled every app including system app which appear n settings "Apps that can appear on top"

But this issue still bugs me.

Strangely this is happening on a Chrome browser ... I'm trying to click on a link which suppose to open a PDF  on that page.

Totally ridiculous, previously too I had faced this but got that worked by disabling app that can appear top.

But not this time..it's hopeless n useless feature of Android 6.x

Even enanling developer options didn't help..

Any help on this is appreciated..thanjs

halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to have CleanMaster, but don't any longer. I wonder if there are remnants of it in my phone, since Android software never seems to fully uninstall ANYTHING!!!