JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why does "AT&T" not show on an S10?

(Topic created: 07-01-2019 12:22 PM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

At the top of my S10 is a line of status icons (don't know what it might be called).  I have a time followed by "AT&T".

My wife's phone is also an S10.  But her line does not show the "AT&T" part.

Is there some setting somewhere that makes that appear?  I'm surprised our phones aren't showing the same things.

0 Likes
10 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you both purchase them from the provider or directly from Samsung? Can I please have both of your full model numbers and IMEIs in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried to use the pre-ordered phones directly from Samsung, but had to send it back since AT&T couldn't get the unlocked phone to use their data service.

So both phones are direct from AT&T and purchased at the same time.   Not sure what the "full model number" is, nor where to display it.  They are both Galaxy S10.  However, my phone does have the 512gig memory and my wife's only has the 128gig.

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede can you show screeshot of what arr you talking about? at&t icon does not show on my S10 but the at&T model will show for awhile then fades away.

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can see the AT&T on my phone below.  That is what my wife's doesn't show.

SmartSelect_20190701-151502_Microsoft Launcher.jpg

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede does it show all the time? did you try safe mode?

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I THINK it shows all the time on mine.  Not sure.  I just happened to notice it when Outlook asked for her password for the hundredth time for Spectrum mail.  I was setting it up again and noticed the difference.

I don't know why safe mode would make a difference, but no, I didn't try it because I didn't know about it.  I'll look for it.

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you talking about wifi safe mode?

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede safe mode will allow your phone to use factory settup apps and settings to where you first boot up your device. Some apps may interfere with the functions of your device cause some issues by doing safe mode and problem doesn't exist it means some of your apps or settings may cause the problem to occur.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On my S10 plus, the "AT&T" ONLY shows on the notification bar if there are no other notifications. Similar to your screenshot below. So only the clock and then "AT&T".

Once any other notification appears, the "AT&T" disappears.

I have also noticed that "AT&T" will appear at the bottom edge of the screen if you swipe down the notification panel.