JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving double notifications on some apps

(Topic created: 12-30-2019 08:23 AM)
userH5ThXLkayY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For some of my apps, I get two copies of every notification that comes in, both in the sound alert and in the notification panel.  Any idea how to stop this?

This happens for some of my email and social media accounts even though I only have one copy of each app.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried clearing the cache on both apps? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
LeLeD120
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user6B1T1oN7Z7 wrote:

That's not was the question was.  This isn't about getting a notification reminder later.  This was about getting two separate notifications at the same time,  not a later reminder.  I'm getting two separate notifications from Facebook messenger at the same time in the notification bar.  One is a system notification and one is Facebook's notification.  This started when I updated my Samsung Galaxy to the new update this month.  March 

This did start for me only after updating to Android 9.0 Pie also. Actually Android made Samsung get rid of a lot of amazing features such as pop-up window or snap window where you can have two apps open at the same time because you need to do calculations with a calculator and look at your finances in a different window. They also made them change a lots of other stuff which makes the Samsung phone better than the iPhone; if they keep getting rid of it, it's going to be a lame phone just like Apple. 

0 Likes
userysTWzo0jB4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I dont get the notifications at. the same time.  I get additional notifications after I clear or while I am viewing the notifications.

0 Likes
userysTWzo0jB4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userH5ThXLkayY wrote:

Thank you for your response, but I found out that the problem is solved much more simply.

When I bought my phoneI I used Smart Switch to transfer my apps.  After doing so, I wanted to keep some of those apps in the Secure Folder so added them there.  This resulted in some apps appearing in the Secure Folder--their app icons had a lock in the lower right corner.  However there was still a copy of the app in the regular app folder. When this happens, the S8 acts as if these are different apps and when a message comes in on the app, it's posted twice--once from each app.  And it can also have two windows of the app open at the same time.

THE SOLUTION is to go into the main app folder (not the Secure Folder) and uninstall the app.  You will be left with only one copy of the app in the Secure Folder.

This is not a proper solution and the problem is not resolved.  Please reopen the inquiry!

Adrock318
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This didn't work for me. My secure folder wasn't even setup.

userRJx4vu0cOu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This did not work for me.  I'm getting double notifications in email and text messages.  It started after the last system update.  I have a new SamsungS10e.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
J251
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Clearing the partition did not work for me

0 Likes
userL8uHP8sXpr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was also getting double notifications and this is the solution that worked for me. I had Google Calendar in both my list of apps and the secured folder.

You will know this is the issue you are experiencing if one of your notifications has the little Knox lock in the bottom right.

The previous commenter was absolutely correct that there are technically 2 seperate instances of the same app. I chose to uninstall my secure folder version and can confirm that I no longer get double notifications. 

I do not know how to put it back so I can share screen shots (sorry!).

Best y'all!

0 Likes
J251
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have heard about this tip before ... My Secured Folder is not activated.  I wish it worked!

0 Likes