cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userg8LhUH3mPk
Asteroid

Wi-Fi problems with Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like many others, I have been plagued by the disabled Wi-Fi. It's been happening periodically for about a month--the Wi-Fi symbol is greyed out & is nonresponsive when I attempt to enable it. I've found various fixes (e.g., restarting, clearing the cache, enabling Wi-Fi while in safe mode) and have found success many times. However, without anything whatsoever changing, the problem persists. Most recently, I managed to fix it again Tuesday night (two days ago) & by Wednesday night, Wi-Fi was disabled again without any new app installations or updates or the phone being restarted. I have taken off all but the most necessary apps and have no idea if one of the remaining apps is interfering w/ Wi-Fi somehow. It seems the next fix to try is a factory reset, but I wanted to reach out before doing this. Is there going to be a software update that addresses this Wi-Fi issue? I am most concerned about a factory reset being yet another temporary fix.

Thanks,

Jennifer

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Wi-Fi problems with Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userg8LhUH3mPk

Considering the steps you've already said you've tried, I would agree that a factory reset would be the next best thing. Just make sure to not add any apps back to the phone until you've tested to see if the Wifi is still acting up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

5 REPLIES 5
BookEmDano
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might want to look in your Settings->Connections->Wi-Fi settings->Advanced and review your settings in there. You'll be able to review apps that have turned Wi-Fi on/off under Wi-Fi Control History. 

I had Network issues eariler this month with my S7 not automatically switching from Wi-Fi to mobile data. A factory reset fixed the issue. Thankfully Samsung Cloud makes it really easy to backup and restore your phones settings. 

Highlighted
userg8LhUH3mPk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion. No apps are listed under the control history. 

I'll make sure to use the Cloud if a reset is necessary.

userg8LhUH3mPk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung!! I'm asking for your input. Please make some recommendations!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userg8LhUH3mPk

Considering the steps you've already said you've tried, I would agree that a factory reset would be the next best thing. Just make sure to not add any apps back to the phone until you've tested to see if the Wifi is still acting up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userg8LhUH3mPk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, Samsung. The factory reset did not resolve the issue. In speaking with Verizon (my service provider), they said a factory reset was the ultimate fix from their perspective & if that did not resolve it, advised me to speak with Samsung. From searching the internet, I see this issue w/ WiFi & Bluetooth is a known issue as far back as 2012. Will there be a software push to correct the issue?

Thanks!