JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wi-Fi Calling Preferences Notification stop popping up

(Topic created: 11-18-2020 12:13 AM)
userSy4uiDSHKZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lately I have been getting a notification on my S9 about my "Wifi calling preferences" being updated to "optimize network experience"

I swipe it away or tap it and select "ok," but it always pops up again within a minute.

I tried silincing the notification from wifi calling, but it either wont let me or it doesn't work.

As can be seen int he screen shot below, the ability to turn of wifi calling notifications is grayed out so I cannot turn it off.

Any suggestions?

20200914_094631.jpgScreenshot_20200914-000755_Settings.jpg

60 Replies
userWKmpvVFH2Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same on S9+ and S20 FE 5G.  T-Mobile

@userSy4uiDSHKZ wrote:

Lately I have been getting a notification on my S9 about my "Wifi calling preferences" being updated to "optimize network experience"

I swipe it away or tap it and select "ok," but it always pops up again within a minute.

I tried silincing the notification from wifi calling, but it either wont let me or it doesn't work.

As can be seen int he screen shot below, the ability to turn of wifi calling notifications is grayed out so I cannot turn it off.

Any suggestions?

20200914_094631.jpgScreenshot_20200914-000755_Settings.jpg

55quack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Tap on the text for the grayed out wifi calling toggle, then you can make the notification silent and then minimized. Then the notification will still technically happen but it won't bother you
0 Likes
userqttd87XOmA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It started on my note 10+ after the-mobile security update over the weekend. It does look like they made some Wifi changes. 

Edit: I turned off "Show Network Quality Info" under Settings>Connections>Wifi>Advanced and the notification stopped. 

Screenshot_20201118-202244_Chrome.jpg

kpjimmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The persistant notification was indeed from the latest update this past weekend but was pushed to my device this Monday 11/23/20. I did the above and I have not had it pop up again. 

EDIT: The pesky notification came up again within an hour. I looked into it further and went to the wi-fi app settings, cleared the cache and data, then rebooted. Nothing for at least an hour so far today. 

0 Likes
Members_515yKd2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lets hope it works. I've tried everything else. 

So far for the last 20 minutes it's all quiet. Smiley Happy

@userqttd87XOmA wrote:

It started on my note 10+ after the-mobile security update over the weekend. It does look like they made some Wifi changes. 

Edit: I turned off "Show Network Quality Info" under Settings>Connections>Wifi>Advanced and the notification stopped. 

Screenshot_20201118-202244_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
usereoIVVLSu2W
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Doesnt work on the s20 FE.  If I cant find a solution I'm going to return this phone before the return period expires and go with the oneplus 8.  Why would they disable the option for us to control the notifications of the wifi calling app?  Makes zero sence to me.

0 Likes
Members_515yKd2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After many attempts to quiet my my wire's S20 Ultra, this solution finally worked. My problem was that I wasn't paying attention to the fact that this action has to be under the "Notification" area and I thought I was turning off Wi-FI, which it was not. 

Now that my whife's phone had quieted down, I'll go back & select which apps I really want to here feedback from. 

0 Likes
userWKmpvVFH2Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I switched my S9 plus to Verizon and the notification stopped!!!
0 Likes
users5cQBJUvgE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is useless. There is NO option for changing notification in my version of Android. Another reason to regret not getting another iPhone where this nonsense doesn't happen twelve times a day.

user4GaCc1YhQn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
before coming here to see that there are more Samsung users than me having this issue, I was getting that annoying notification every couple of seconds. I bs you not. Once I went searching for a way to make it stop, it stopped on it's own. not one peep in the past ten minutes
0 Likes