Original topic:

Wifi Icon disappeared when connected.

(Topic created: 03-29-2019 12:04 AM)
Nikish
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

I have come accross a weird issue where the Wifi Icon which use to show on the status bar has been somehow disappeared. Earlier when Wifi was connected to any network, it use to show a WIFI icon on the status bar. But now its gone.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

I have tried Reseting the Network Settings and Reseting the Settings but to no gain. I even called the Samsung guys and after surfing my phone on Smart Tutor for a while, even they were not able to understand. They asked me to wait for the next update which is due soon.

Anyone else has any workaround?

0 Likes
17 Replies
userHiRRbSlk4a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have the same problem, perfect solution, Quickstar. ..thank you 

0 Likes
userx7oK1U2cWw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

solved my problem by installing good lock very helpful 

@Charlie wrote:

Hey Nikish check on GoodLock if you might have the "QuickStar" plugin activated by mistake. As you can see in these screenshots when QuickStar in on some icons dissapeared and when turned off they reappeared again.

0 Likes
userzm7xE30U8O
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where do I find goodlock?

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there! 

@userzm7xE30U80, you can locate the application for download from the Galaxy Store.

​​​​​​​https://galaxystore.samsung.com/detail/com.samsung.android.goodlock

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Charlie
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @Nikish you're very welcome! glad I could help.

Thank you for accepting for accepting my answer as a solution to your problem. I advise that you uninstall the QuickStar pluging or any other plugins you're not using on GoodLock so that you avoid that from happening again.

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Nikish I am very happy you were able to get this resolved! Feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!

@Charlie Thank you so much for your assistance!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqCmPismX7e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found another solution if users want to continue to use Good Lock:

In QuickStar, Go to "Visibility Of Indicator Icons" and turn on all indicators you want to see. This is what fixed my problem. 

0 Likes
userYohpZSYx0W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It is the good lock application, I just uninstalled mine and all my icons came back,  wifi, clock, etc.  

0 Likes