cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userweWDdBGXZZ
Astronaut

Re: Wifi authentication error occurred

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried all of the solutions offered to no avail then realised it had to be a WiFi not phone problem as phone connected to my home WiFi when  I deselected Auto connect to WiFi.  Having Auto connect on made my phone search for and pick up BT WiFi with FON which didn't work. Had to go into BT account and remove BT WiFi with FON then put home WiFi back on Auto and it's all good now. Hope this helps.

userawPszmCtf9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread is useless.  The problem seems to clearly be related to something on the Samsung Galaxy system, but all we are told is to reboot, reset, safe-mode, etc.  As if your phone users are supposed to be Samsung technicians.  How about Samsung figure out what the problem is and fix it.  It is clearly not the wireless routers because others are using wireless in the same place just fine; and it is not a rougue application because everyone who tries safe mode doesn't fix the problem.

The notion that we need to reset or reboot our phones to get wifi to work is nuts.  This problem has been in existence on my Galaxy S6 for the past few months... and only gets temporarily corrected by these temporary fixes.  In the meantime, my battery is draining because my phone is constantly trying to connect to my wireless network with no luck.  

#NextPhonewillbeaniPhone

uservdC8BGc8ch
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone finds WiFi, tries to connect. . . Authentication Error.  I restablish wifi in settings with WPS button on router, phone will not stay connected to Wifi for more than a few minutes.   Same thing happens when I enter wifi password manually.

The S6 is the only device in the household experiencing this issue. 

After changing the SSID of one of my channels on the ATT uverse router I had a steady WiFi connection and NO authentication error.  This works but it's not a permanent fix although it has become one.

Galaxy S6

ATT&T Modem

T-Mobile

usercrUKiuE2xx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservdC8BGc8ch wrote:

After changing the SSID of one of my channels on the ATT uverse router I had a steady WiFi connection and NO authentication error.  This works but it's not a permanent fix although it has become one.

Thank you for your suggestion!
That really works and is probably the firmware issue origin. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, everyone! Thanks so much for all of these details.
We have provided your feedback to our engineers who are working to enhance the overall performance of these devices. We always recommend that you keep your device and apps updated, to make sure that you are using the most recent version of your phone's operating system. We’re always here to help, feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback. We love hearing from you.

userJfsycQqyhs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really hope a solution is found soon. Meanwhile everyone is having to use their Data. It all seems slightly crooked. 

Highlighted
userpTbzEDW0bi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I managed to "fix" my problem with WiFi.

First of all, I am so dissapointed with battery life on these new phones from Samsung, that I am thinking of switching to Apple, which I thought I would never do. Battery life is horrible. And it's not only on S6. My coworker has S8 and it's even worse. He hardly uses his phone while at work and yesterday, his battery was at 7% at 11:00 AM.

Going back to the WiFi problem. I too have had the same problem for the last 2 months. I connect the phone to the WiFi, and it stays connected for some time and then either disconnects or I go somewhere where it should again connect on it's own, but it keeps trying to connect until it drains the battery, or until I restart the WiFi and then I am good for some time.

What I did is, I installed an app called "Tasker". I set it up to restart (disable and then enable) my WiFi every hour no matter what, and I don't have problems with reconnecting again, and my battery lasts longer (can't say "long" any more when it's Samsung).

user55T9tj5QX8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't fix it for me.

My S6 stopped connecting to our company Wifi network.   Other newer Samsung phones work...but the S6 just keeps telling me authentication error.

It will work for a few minutes after a reboot though...but then a few minutes after rebooting it stops working and says authentication error again.  very strange

sad that there's no fix

userO2wChbDq6Z
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"I installed an app called 'Tasker'"

this is NOT  solution. it is a workaround. and btw, the problem STILL exists and i have not heard ANYTHING from samsung about it despite nagging, annoying and being borderline rude about it.

i also noticed that the other thread has been permanently deleted even though the problem was never solved. worst customer service ever.

user8oz8Y1RUnV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do try to keep everything updated, but your update is what caused this problem for everyone.  I realize that it is an older phone, but please understand that if I have to upgrade my phone because of a problem caused by Samsung, the new phone will NOT be a Samsung.