Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userPcYn6397Bm
Constellation

Re: Wifi authentication error occurred

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So am I to understand that Samsung has not yet provided an Actual Fix for this?  Just try this and try that and pray for the best?  

If that's the case it's absolute!  Call for a boycott of Samsung products and switch to iPhones which do not have anywhere near the issues of the Samsung phones.

userlnCtX30QXH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Seems to have fixed it, so far...

userpUria1q2t3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not help. How do I contact someone to ask for help?

@userKAe2evVAMtwrote:

I have been dealing with this as well for the past few weeks. I even tried using a static IP address but the authentication error would still occur. 

I stumbled across this solution and applied it early this afternoon and it has been 6 hours without the problem.

Go into settings - WiFi and choose advanced. Find the option to have WiFi on during sleep. Change this to never. (Mine was set to always) Now restart your phone. Go back into settings - WiFi and choose advanced. Change WiFi to be on always during sleep. 

That was it. Let me know if it also solves your problem.

userGtgWO7JsTJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did not help I have tab 10

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Is the software of the device completely up to date? Also, can you tell me the exact error message you get when trying to connect? 

usere8wElUfXKC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my Samsung May 6th and we I try to connect to wifi I receive an error "authentication error occurred". I was not receiving this error until I installed the update.

user8nulo5Kmf5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi,

I am also having this problem. I believe Samsung is not able to recognize same SSID provided by latest routers for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. The latest security patch is preventing this . I have this error in both my home and office. My office has access points configured insimilar manner. Could.You please point to a support ticket raised for this . This is insane that the problem is happening for more than a year. I am using a triple band netgear orbI router
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you also have this trouble on an unsecured network, @user8nulo5Kmf5?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8nulo5Kmf5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. It works on unsecure. But on secure wifi it throws this error. Happening with my office wifi .

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user8nulo5Kmf5, thanks for clearing that up. I just wanted to see if you are able to attempt that. Would you mind providing us with some information about your device?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version (Software Information)

* Carrier

You can find most of this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.