cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userryxS8lJ2RC
Astronaut

Wifi authentication error occurred

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The past few days my s6 keeps dropping its wifi connection, no matter where the wifi is that I'm utilizing (home, work) and reverts back to LTE. It says authentication error occurred. I've re-started and done a re-provision, neither of which helped....
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userpTbzEDW0bi
Constellation

Re: Wifi authentication error occurred

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I managed to "fix" my problem with WiFi.

First of all, I am so dissapointed with battery life on these new phones from Samsung, that I am thinking of switching to Apple, which I thought I would never do. Battery life is horrible. And it's not only on S6. My coworker has S8 and it's even worse. He hardly uses his phone while at work and yesterday, his battery was at 7% at 11:00 AM.

Going back to the WiFi problem. I too have had the same problem for the last 2 months. I connect the phone to the WiFi, and it stays connected for some time and then either disconnects or I go somewhere where it should again connect on it's own, but it keeps trying to connect until it drains the battery, or until I restart the WiFi and then I am good for some time.

What I did is, I installed an app called "Tasker". I set it up to restart (disable and then enable) my WiFi every hour no matter what, and I don't have problems with reconnecting again, and my battery lasts longer (can't say "long" any more when it's Samsung).

119 REPLIES 119
DLMetz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S6 Active ever since the newest update was pushed out earlier this month. Did all the troubleshooting efforts including resetting all my network settings. Still not connecting as it should. 

userryxS8lJ2RC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exactly what I'm experiencing.
userqPqWe96bb3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my samsungs8+

userqPqWe96bb3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user9hOwjHR6Ay
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, I'm currently on live chat with Samsung for help.

userKdlp1iUxCh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue on a GS6 on any WiFi network since last Android update.... Nothing worked (at least not permanently): reset network, turn off/on WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.

userKAe2evVAMt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been dealing with this as well for the past few weeks. I even tried using a static IP address but the authentication error would still occur. 

I stumbled across this solution and applied it early this afternoon and it has been 6 hours without the problem.

Go into settings - WiFi and choose advanced. Find the option to have WiFi on during sleep. Change this to never. (Mine was set to always) Now restart your phone. Go back into settings - WiFi and choose advanced. Change WiFi to be on always during sleep. 

That was it. Let me know if it also solves your problem.

userlKlPBRd7os
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I was having the exact same problem so I tried this and so far it's working!! Thank you!
user92MkhWKL48
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that weeks ago. The problem is that the phone has to reconnect at some point. And then the authentication error occurs again.