cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userq3vryjpX36
Asteroid

Re: Wifi authentication error occurred

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted my carrier. They said it is a defect in the phone. They want to send me another S6, but I'd rather move on to a better phone at this point. It's utterly ridiculous

userqBzzoZo1Co
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was the first solution I decided to try.  It worked I believe!!!!

userwagitV97vZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This helped me for about 3 weeks. I'm doing it again right now. Hopefully, Samsung will fix this issue soon!

users2QEPGtPwX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me....Went all day without an error.  Thanks so much!

userid9aTAV3xt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved👍👍👍 

user6FYtMF3cIg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have an Advanced option under Wi-Fi - can you clarify where this is exactly ?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6FYtMF3cIg If you go into Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > and Advanced should be in the upper right hand corner. If it is still not there, would mind sharing your device's model number and Baseband version?

userpSFSooJL48
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same issue.  When using mobile data and going into my wifi zone, it does not connect because of error.  Ive spent 13 gigs of data unknowing i wasnt using wifi. Please help.  What are the ultimate solutions?

useryVC0c8XNUW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same problem have to use 4g for the last 3 months. Its not the router it is something wrong with the soft.

My model is a5 2016 updated to the latest software aviable

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpSFSooJL48 & @useryVC0c8XNUW Have you tried putting the device into Safe Mode? Safe Mode disables all 3rd party applications and helps us determine if the issue is caused by an app misbehaving or software. If you haven't, please follow the steps in this link to place the device in safe mode for 24 hours: http://bit.ly/1vkcs06 and attempt to make a WiFi connection during this time to see if there are any changes to the data consumption.