cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wifi authentication error occurred

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, everyone! Thanks so much for all of these details.
We have provided your feedback to our engineers who are working to enhance the overall performance of these devices. We always recommend that you keep your device and apps updated, to make sure that you are using the most recent version of your phone's operating system.

We’re always here to help, feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback. We love hearing from you.

userO2wChbDq6Z
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this issue has existed for at least a year. samsung clearly has no interest in resolving it since it might be pushing customers to upgrade to a newer, more expensive phone that has it's own issues

userO2wChbDq6Z
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

still no solution. still one of the longest running threads in the forum. still no contact from samsung. still no official acknowledgement that i am aware of.

inexplicable

userJiTELyOteD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

.hi 

I reset  my galaxy j7 by reset factory 

After reset factory it was ok but again after ten days it has problem by this authentication error.please help me

Movvy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

brand new S8.. cant hold on to wifi for 30 secs and then gets authentication error.

think this is my first and last samsung phone..

userVQeLrNXvjA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried your solution, but no success.

userVQeLrNXvjA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This only happens on my home router. Never had the issue on other wifi networks such as those at a retail location.

userVQeLrNXvjA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cell already has all of the updates. Problem persists. It just started a couple of days ago out of the blue. Not only does it affect my Samsung phone, it has caused the same problem on my wife's Moto, and my daughter's phone from Cricket. The home router is from ATT U-verse, and they do not even address the issue of authentication error on their website. I have tried the different solutions listed on help sites, as well as this forum, and nothing seems to work. Why should it be such a difficult thing to fix, other than planned obsolescence? If that is the case, there must be collusion among the manufacturers. I wonder if the state AG in CA might be interested. Have to check into that if no realistic solution is available ASAP.

userVQeLrNXvjA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interestingly enough, my son has a newer ATT phone, and does not have the same issue. Hmmm...

userVQeLrNXvjA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is a Samsung by the way.