Original topic:

Wifi from NFC chip not working on newer models

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 02:29 PM)
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey guys, I noticed that my Samsung Galaxy s20  does not seem to have the ability to connect to wifi using nfc chips. On my Samsung Grand Prime, you could just long press the wifi icon. Even if I use third party apps such as nfc tools, the phone will scan the tag and won't do anything. I'm curious of this is the same for anyone else, if that option is also unavailable for you and what phone you have. I'm curious if this is true on all newer Samsung phones, it might even just be an android thing in general. Thanks for the help!
11 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulties with the NFC. Just for clarification, what feature(s) are you referring to? Is it mobile hotspot?

0 Likes
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm referring to samsungs prior ability to save wifi passwords to an nfc chip, so that all you have to do is tap your phone to the chip to connect to the wifi. If I were to tap my phone to one of those chips with the s20, it doesn't recognize what to do with it.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This may sound silly to ask, but is your NFC toggled to On?

0 Likes
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yup lol it scans it but just displays some weird text, but when I use my samsung galaxy grand prime, it works perfectly
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What is your baseband version, model number, and service provider?

0 Likes
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For the s20?
0 Likes
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Baseband version
G981VSQU2DUI2
Model name Galaxy S20 5G
Model number SM-G981V
Service provider Verizon
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for providing that information. We have escalated this to our team of product experts, and we will follow up on the page when we have updated information. 

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, for the S20, so we can explore this further.

0 Likes