cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdub2006
Asteroid

Wifi problem s7edge at&t

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just had my device replaced due to a green line all down the screen.  Now having a "Connection timed out" error when trying to open Google play store on this device.  Chrome works through wifi...but can not open the app store  also appears to be affecting the Facebook app. Will not register.  This appears to only be a problem on my home WiFi. Google play opens on my work WiFi.  Have two other android devices, and all can access play store at home but this can not. I have gone through and changed date and time. Clear cache. Added a different account. Reinstalled updates and updated this device to the newest software update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bdub2006
Asteroid

Re: Wifi problem s7edge at&t

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New AT&T Android 7.0 Nougat update has fixed my wifi problems on the S7 Edge.  Can finally access play store and my apps all seem to run on my home wifi. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @bdub2006. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
We certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, did you clear cache on the whole device or just apps, and have you tried running the device temporarily in Safe Mode. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bdub2006
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, and thank you for your reply.  My phone is an AT&T Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. More specifically 

SAMSUNG-SM-G935A 

6935AUCS4APK1

I have cleared cache for individual apps as well as the whole device through recovery. Have uninstalled updates and reinstalled hoping to fix the problem. Have factory reset my device.  Safe mode operation still gives the connection timeout error. Using this for a week has shown me that it will not update Facebook, Twitter, samsung+, maps, and Web pages directed from the Google search widget. I'm sure there are more but that's about all I've been able to use it for.   This is my second s7 edge with this problem and my fiancee is also having it.  We have an older note 3 and note 4 and  they will load everything just fine on the same WiFi.  Thanks for your time

Brian Williams 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is similar to a post I had been working on earlier last week that we were having trouble finding the root cause of @bdub2006.

Mind if I ask who your internet service provider is, and whether or not you're using a separate router with your modem, or if it's built in?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

bdub2006
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was thinking that as well but couldn't figure out why our other samsung devices would connect. We use One Source Communication for our wireless provider. It is wired into a little pronged outlet box (modem)  and that feeds to my router. I use a TP-LINK archer c7.

Brian

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While I look into the settings between this router and the previous information I received on the other thread, I'd like for you to try a network reset. If you haven't done this already on your device, let's have you try that real quick, since it's pretty simple and fast.

Steps to Reset Network Settings:

- Open your device's settings tab

- Navigate and open the "Backup and reset" menu

- Scroll down and click "Reset network settings"

- Go ahead and reset those network settings

Let me know if this has any affect at all. I'll be around for a bit.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

bdub2006
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tried that out, unfortunately same result. Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bah! And I saw you already did the time change thing, as well as other key steps. I'm going to do a bit more digging into those router settings to see if anything sticks out to me. In the meantime if you try anything new, please feel free to update this thread letting me know. This way I can keep note of everything that has been done to troubleshoot so far.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was not able to find any correlation between your router, or the port settings with that of the person experiencing the same thing. Right now they are going to try a factory reset on their device after backing up their data to see if this perhaps resets anything in particular that would be restricting these applications from opening on Wi-Fi.

bdub2006
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I broke down and just bought a new router. Went with the newer google wifi. Figured that would have to solve any problems from my wifi to my android device. Unfortunately, same thing. Does this new information narrow anything down?