Original topic:

Will Samsung bring memory card slot back?

(Topic created: 04-26-2022 04:05 PM)
Harshacool7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Will Samsung bring memory card slot back? If not you're going to loose many customers,  the reason why I moved away from Apple is due to not having memory card slot, one of Apple phones got damaged and all the data has gone,  but with Samsung,  I had a chance just to take my card out and switch to a different phone.

Guys, take it seriously. 
12 Replies
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They haven't lost many customers yet. There is storage options for cloud back up. SD cards are not needed. If you need one then get the reader for your computer and send them there. Phones have gotten better if you need more than 512gb of storage you have problems cause that should he more than enough
0 Likes
Harshacool7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well, if you an option to take a back up then I agree with you, but when I was using iPhone, we were recording my grandfather memorial service and the phone just died, Apple gave me a new phone but never was able to retrieve data. In a perfect world everything works fine, with Samsung earlier I had the same issue but I changed all my data to save to SD card and it was guaranteed thing, u need to have a very good internet speed to take such high level back up
0 Likes
TheGarniiics
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Although I agree, the issue is there's no competitor that offers external storage no more, so what I do is resort to transferring my microSD to a tablet instead. In the meantime, I'm going to hold on the S20 FE for as long as I am able tho. It is annoying that they did this after discontinuing their Samsung cloud service and Google photos discontinuing their unlimited storage option too smh
0 Likes
Harshacool7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lol, that's the business tactics, they'll force you to do that.
0 Likes
Harshacool7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree, I'm holding on to my s20 plus...my personal opinion, this is what Samsung is different from Apple, but now I feel Samsung is adapting Apples path
0 Likes
theblackcobra
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
SD cards is a thing of the past. It will soon be like rotary phones. Nobody will care or want them. Simply purchase cloud storage to protect and save your data. Show's over for those cards.
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Or buy larger storage versions of the device you want
0 Likes
theblackcobra
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes it is an option but the cloud storage will come in handy if the phone ends up lost or stolen. Without backing up on the cloud the data will all be gone.
0 Likes
Harshacool7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My friend, I'm not here for a debate, I work in IT and this was my experience, if you do a simple math, you'll understand the issue, I travel a lot and in many locations I hardly get 3G speeds, imagine even if you want to take a back up of 1gb data, how long will it take? I request the members to try taking a backup and restore of a 128 gb using your mobile data and see what happens
0 Likes