cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the S7 get One Ui?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just obtained the phone 2 weeks ago, and I'm getting frustrated because I like the dark mode, one hand operation, and digital wellbeing. I can't unlock the bootloader to root it because I'm on ATT.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung S7 ATT One Ui

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The newest OS for the S7 is Android Oreo. It will not be updating past this operating system. Rooting your phone is discouraged as it voids any warranty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The newest OS for the S7 is Android Oreo. It will not be updating past this operating system. Rooting your phone is discouraged as it voids any warranty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most likely not, it's already had its 2 major software updates. The one ui update was released around a year ago today and they are already testing one ui 2.0. The s7 will not get one ui

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No OneUI/Android 9 update for the S7 as stated by others. Best route you can take as far as getting something close to Dark mode is to use themes out of the theme store. There were some I used to use that themed a number of Samsung's apps to a "dark mode" look.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. The phone doesn't have a warranty its 3.5 years old. 2. There are still millions of S7 users that want to keep their phones for another 3 years and refuse to upgrade, and the want at least 8.1 or 9. It has the hardware.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any way to at least get digital wellbeing has google released digital wellbeing as an app yet?