JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will the Voicemail Text feature be available in the future?

(Topic created: 08-02-2021 10:06 PM)
Bee18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just wondering with the new phone announcement that's due on August 11... if we will be getting the voicemail text feature, I just know I really really need the voicemail text feature on any new phone coming out on August 11th.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's a carrier thing not a Samsung thing you'll have to reach out to your carrier to find out if that's going to be available

View solution in context

11 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For what? Like a read the transcript to screen your screend calls to voicmail? Or to text to it?
Bee18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For someone like me who gets a lots of voicemail per day, I would love if it can be converted to text in order to see which calls I've to return back rather than having to spend 30 min listening to voicemail messages. So basically to answer your question it's a feature that converts your voicemail to text also sometimes I don't catch the name or phone number the senders left which leaves me having to listen again to a particula message.
0 Likes
userU3tre4xBRg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There are apps that do that now. I use YouMail. Also blocks robocallers and spam. A GREAT app. Been using it for several years. Also access it via the web.
Bee18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I hear you but I really don't like when 3rd party app asked for app permissions that are too intrusive & that's exactly what Youmail does plus although I want this feature I don't think I want it badly enough to download another app. Thanks though for the suggestion.
0 Likes
Solution
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's a carrier thing not a Samsung thing you'll have to reach out to your carrier to find out if that's going to be available

View solution in context

Bee18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You might be right but I'm using the same carrier for my iPad and Galaxy S. I didn't have to setup nor activate anything on my iPad but the VVM feature is working while on my phone it's not. Also, I've checked the settings and nothing is pointing me to VVM activation but as you suggest I'll just reach out to my carrier and see what they've to say. Thanks.
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So often with some carriers apple has a contract that that's an automatic thing and sometimes android-based phones need a subscription-based voicemail to text at least that's how Verizon does it
Bee18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thought as much. Thanks 👍
0 Likes
userCTmCTVEdhD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well, I have always had an indication that a voice mail was left, this phone never shows if a voice mail is on my phone, I actually missed a surgery.date because of this flaw.