JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wireless charger should be wireless and not have to plug into wall

(Topic created: 12-29-2020 06:19 PM)
Sunshine106
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got a wireless charging pad for Christmas. Key word ... WIRELESS. If I have to have it plugged into the wall then what is the point? How is that any different than being plugged into my regular charger?? So annoyed by this. Wireless should mean WIRELESS!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Sunshine106 wrote:

I guess my thinking was that I would charge the pad and then put my phone on it without it having to be plugged in. Any idea how the portable batteries work? 

The battery will charge your phone wirelessly or via cable (your choice). It can also charge other devices, like a Samsung watch, wirelessly. The battery does not need to be plugged into the wall during that time.

Periodically though you will need to connect the battery to your  phone charger or another wired charger to recharge. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do you expect it to get electricity to a wireless charger? 

Samsung does make a couple different wireless portable batteries such as https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/25w-wireless-portable-battery--silver-eb...

But you still have to plug those in to charge them up at some point. 

0 Likes
Sunshine106
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I guess my thinking was that I would charge the pad and then put my phone on it without it having to be plugged in. Any idea how the portable batteries work? 

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Sunshine106 wrote:

The battery will charge your phone wirelessly or via cable (your choice). It can also charge other devices, like a Samsung watch, wirelessly. The battery does not need to be plugged into the wall during that time.

Periodically though you will need to connect the battery to your  phone charger or another wired charger to recharge. 

Designregistration
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for providing this link, Awesome battery backup

<edit>

0 Likes
KeiRey
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Nikola Tesla had a good concept. One of these days maybe but then it would be free electricity so most likely will never happen.
0 Likes
user6O9DinOtuP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
"Wireless" terminology means that there is no "wire" between the phone and the charging pad in this instance. The charging pad is still plugged in.