Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFP2rJiONQM
Constellation

Wrong home time display when roaming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20170514-172205.png

I live in US and am traveling Asia currently. The issue is that the time for home(left on) shows China time.

Is there any setting that I should change to show U.S time?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userFujs4MDW0W
Asteroid

Re: Wrong home time display when roaming

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On the S7 Edge...

Go to:

# Settings

# Lock screen and security

# Info and App shortcuts

# Dual Clock (chose ON), then "tap" on Dual Clock

Check Set Home Time Zone, "tap" to change it for the desired time...

DONE

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userFP2rJiONQM! Would you mind going to Settings>About Device and sending me you model number and Baseband version? I can use that to grab the same phone from our lab tech to look into those settings. Just to make sure we're on the same page, were you looking for both clocks to show the same time or do you only want the Home time to show up on the screen? Also, I'm going to remove the screenshot you posted since it has your email address. We don't want any weirdos getting your email! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFP2rJiONQM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi, it is SM-G955U and baseband version is G955USQU1AQDE.

I want the home time to be shown with right location where my home actually locates(US).

So when roaming, it should show 2 clocks. one is where I am right now(Asia or els) and the other one is home(U.S or where I set as home?)

Thank you

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While it's not possible to have two clocks like that, it's a great suggestion! In the mean time you can always go into Settings>General Management>Date and Time, then make sure to toggle off the Automatic Date and Time. With that toggled off, you can set the time yourself to show whichever you'd like.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFujs4MDW0W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Samsung S8 in Hong Kong.

My AUTO ZONE is in Auto. The phone itself shows the proper current time automatically except when I close the cover (it's transpsrent), two clocks appear, one showing my Roaming time and the other shows my Home time. The thing is, my Home time should be gmt+3 but it shows, Instead, China Time. In the other hand my Samsung S7 Edge works fine.

userFujs4MDW0W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Meanwhile... went digging... FOUND the problem.
Go to "Settings", then "Lock Screen & Security", then "Information and FaceWidgets", then "Roaming Clock" (has to be ON) then click on "Roaming Clock" then on the next menu choose your required 'Home Time Zone'... D O N E.
useru420OofHav
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFujs4MDW0W wrote:
Meanwhile... went digging... FOUND the problem.
Go to "Settings", then "Lock Screen & Security", then "Information and FaceWidgets", then "Roaming Clock" (has to be ON) then click on "Roaming Clock" then on the next menu choose your required 'Home Time Zone'... D O N E.

I don't think that these are the settings on a s7. Maybe you are thinking of a s8. I have the problem on a s7.

Thanks

userFujs4MDW0W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Read my REPLY today, I've updated the info for S7
Cheers
user32b2gEmRgF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem with my S6. Um currently on roaming in New Zealand and for some reason my home click is showing Toronto time (where I went on holiday in October) and not GYM (UK time) which it should be
userFujs4MDW0W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there.

Not sure you've read my solution to the problem?

I've punlished a temporary solution for the issues.

Recently (Dec) there was in update for Note 8 that resolved the problem.

Have you resolved the issue?

Regards