Original topic:

Years of photos and videos deleted off my phone

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 12:08 PM)
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How does Samsung just delete all my gallery? They were my pictures I took and saved on my phones hard drive and on my SD card. How does anyone have the right to delete stuff on my hard drive. Doesn't make any sense, I lost so much.

How did this happen and how can I get them back?
18 Replies
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Cleared cache in gallery, and you can even seen in the settings it shows less than a G of content when I had several G's worth prior.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And your gallery trash and one drive recycle bin is empty?
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes they are all empty
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When I go to samsung cloud in my files, it says you already downloaded your data and it says gallery syncing with onedrive will be available from 9/30/21.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Since you still have access to your one drive, check the recycle bin in the one drive as well.
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes I did all that already. Years of my life just gone. I dont understand it. Now I really feel dumb defending Samsung to Apple users all these years. This is unacceptable.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Don't feel dumb. This happens to everyone, a few years back Apple users cloud storage was hacked! So yeah neither one is perfect. I refuse to buy cloud anymore, too expensive. I print my important photos or store on my SD card. The SD cards aren't perfect either though bc they can become faulty and erase your stuff too. Best thing is probably back up to a pc. Still try to see if you can do a recovery option. You have to do it quick, time is limited with recovery.
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks, I tried recovery but nothing brought back.
0 Likes
GODSHELP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As far as I know even things that have been deleted are still there unless you have reformatted the hard drive, or the SD card.
(Thats how the police can get information that people think is hide because they deleted it.)
Just like with Hillary Clinton hard drives, she had to get special products to completely remove her information.

I know that there are USB STICKS YOU CAN BUY that will go and get deleted information and pictures.
I had bought one years ago that would go and get information that people had lost. If you check on one of the SPY stores: I think there is a good one in Chicago.
Like I said it was maybe Ten Years ago, back then I think it was about $100 for ONE HUNDRED GIGS, ON USB, I WOULD THINK THEY WOULD BE LARGER SIZE NOW.
BUT, NOTHING IS EVER REALLY GONE/LOST.
I HOPE THIS LEADS YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
I KNOW IT'S MESSED UP WHEN THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPEN.