Original topic:

Years of photos and videos deleted off my phone

(Topic created: a month ago)
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How does Samsung just delete all my gallery? They were my pictures I took and saved on my phones hard drive and on my SD card. How does anyone have the right to delete stuff on my hard drive. Doesn't make any sense, I lost so much.

How did this happen and how can I get them back?
18 Replies
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I sympathize with you losing photos and video from your post Samsung cannot delete photos out of your gallery off the hard drive of your phone or on your microSD card that is done manually by the user unless your phone had a data loss or issue
Please elaborate further
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Its been saying gallery app will not be supported, and wanted me to upload my photos to another place, I thought it was only for backing up the photos, never thought like you said photos would be deleted off my HDD and card. But it happened over night, they are gone, I have gigs of free space now where my photos were. This was not deleted manually I assure you.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Off the SD card too? That's odd. I know they deleted my cloud bc it's now with one drive which is through Microsoft and it cost to keep the storage, I didn't pay so it deleted my cloud, but it should not delete your storage on your phone itself or SD card. There could be a malfunction on your phone. Do you use Google photos, they may have been saving your photos in the background. Check it out. I hope you can restore it. Also check your back ups in your setting menu, back ups go pretty far out and can back up from multiple devices you've owned.
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, I think it has to do with the Samsung cloud shutting down. But yes it deleted of my hard drive and SD card. It was the date the cloud was deleting so its kinda hard to believe coincidence. It didn't delete one year of photos and my Google photos has the same set, so I dont know what happened.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Wow.. What about the back up?
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I dont see it in the back up, I had 1 year of photos not delete, and thats whats in the back up as well. If I had known this was possible I would have made sure all my photos were backed up. But they were on my hard drive and I take care of my phone....
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When you go to your gallery on the cloud and it takes you to one drive, does it say it's frozen?
0 Likes
MadAF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No it just has the photos that weren't deleted, which were all on the SD card, I guess the ones saved were infact on the SD card, so really the missing photos and videos were on the phones memory.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So strange. Check your trash, if it's not in your trash, try clearing your cache through your gallery system info page. Sometimes it could be a software glitch with updates. If that doesn't work you can try doing a recovery from recovery apps or repair stores. I hope you get that back soon. Keep us updated.
0 Likes