JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Yellowish tint on S9+ screen ?

(Topic created: 09-04-2018 06:04 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was hoping someone can respond after looking at this option on their own s9/s9+,

Under the Display settings > Screen Mode,

Does your screen turn to a yellowish tint if selecting Amoled Cinema, Amoled Photo, and Basic?

I noticed those 3 options turn white screens to look yellow. The only option that looks a little better is the Adaptive Display option for me. 

85 Replies
Wendyjag
Pilot
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I downloaded Google Books. It asked me if I wanted to do night mode and I said yes and I knew immediately it was a mistake. I've turned all the blue light filters off in the settings of the phone. But I'm getting the impression that Google has some sort of settings that need to be turned off. Has anyone had this problem related to Google Books?

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Wendyjag Have you checked in the Google Books app, or tried contacting Google support to see if they know how to turn this feature off? 

0 Likes
userF9qqOqKDZn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the very same problem, only thing is, I have no idea how to switch the night light off! Could you please advise? Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userF9qqOqKDZn just double checking, does your screen have a blueish tint to it?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userF9qqOqKDZn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @SamsungAl, it didn't have a blue-ish tinge as you mentioned in your query and I'm glad to annouce that I found the source to my problem; I had just bought a book through the Google Play store and when I opened it to read it, a pop up mentioning the night light feature or something to that effect (I can't remember, I was too preoccupied with something at the time). I've since been able to find the setting on Play Books and turned off the setting. It's a little bit of a weird one because what I thought originally was a setting for reading books ended up affecting the whole phone. It's sorted out now, so there's no more need to delve deeper. Thank you for your fast response!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

if u keep the screen mode to adaptive display and no blue light filter on, then there shouldn't be yellowish tint

0 Likes
useroNEDArIK62
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userbcMKA9DSlI

its yellowish on adaptive display . problem is relate to bluelight filter and bad color balance

refer here :

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-oreo-update-yellow-display-tint-problem-fix/

0 Likes
userCw5lJ03fWk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

0 Likes
useruQhxwgI0ez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try turning off the blue light feature in the settings. It worked for me.

usercCjfkbPQxJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I pre-ordered and got the normal S9 a day before release, I've been having this issue ever since I bought the phone, it doesn't matter if blue light filter is on or off, the phone will still turn yellow after 7 pm. If you turn on Blue Light filter while the screen is yellow it will turn even more yellow, the only way to get it to stop is to restart the phone, I reported the issue to Samsung already but it doesn't seem like anyone is getting back to me about it.

0 Likes