a5 2016 latest update do not support fast charging anymore

Constellation

a5 2016 latest update do not support fast charging anymore

after my last update to my A5 2016..my mobile dosnt fast charge using the official samsung powerbank (fast charge) anymore!!

7 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: a5 2016 latest update do not support fast charging anymore

Hello there, @userqlyu3fJ509! Thanks for taking the time to post here and I understand how this would be frustrating.
We will be happy to help! To better do that, can we have a little more information about your phone and this problem? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you installed the update you mentioned, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Dear @samsung grant thanks for your replay
Here is some information about my device
Baseband: A510FDXXU3BQB1
Model number: SM-A510FD
I have installed the update about 3 days ago
15/March/2017
My problem is when i plug my phone to my official samsung 5100Mah power bank battery "Fast charge" my mobile is says charging...not fast charging
This problem showed after my last update
Please help..
Samsung Moderator

You're very welcome! What region are you located in? This site is mainly for US support, so we only have limited information on international phones. We can still go through a few different troubleshooting steps here! First, just to make sure everything is set correctly, have you already gone to Settings>Battery to make sure that Fast Charging is still turned on? If so, we can move on to the steps below.

• Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  • Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  • Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  • Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  • Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Let me know how these go!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Hi..i have to say iam very confusd now...i have tried everything !! No fast charging

But!! My friend has updated his A5  2016 today ( same as my mobile) and he had the same problem

Phone blinks 2 times in a raw (charging> charging)  and when it is above 60% of charge i plug it out then plug it.in then the phone says its fast charging!!! Why is that hapening to my phone...by the way the wall adapater has no issue like that..it fast charge evertime ..thank you very much..waiting your respond 

Samsung Moderator

Oh! Just to confirm, does your friend's phone have the same model number and Baseband version as your phone? Have you checked the charging port on your phone to see if there are any signs of damage? If the steps I sent in my last reply did not work, our next option would be a Factory Data Reset, but I suggest first reaching out to your regional support to see if they would be able to offer you any additional troubleshooting steps. You can find their contact information here

Constellation

Hey !! Is there any new updates for A5 2016!?

Because the last update is the main problem

Thanks..

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

I unfortunately only have access to information about software updates for US devices. These updates are often pushed to devices by carriers (at least for US phones). Your carrier or regional support will be your best point of contact to see if they have released a new update that might have fixed this problem. Have you been able to reach out to them?