JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

android auto false moisture detected

(Topic created: 08-16-2021 01:38 PM)
useryRPlrgiVwd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Purchased a new RAV4 almost a year ago and now find when I connect my Samsung S10+  to the car using  a short USB cable android auto keeps screaming moisture detected and to remove the phone. If I take the same cable and plug into house no problem at all it charges. I have never had it near water or moisture. 

Unable to find a permanent work around and seems no one has been able to fix the problem since 2019.

Some say its an app Problem others to clear the cache in the phone, but all seem to have the problem return after a while.  So frustrating. Is Samsung or google going to fix the problem or do we just stop using android auto or maybe buy a different brand of phone as it seems to only be Samsung that has this problem that I have read.

Any helpful information would be great.

18 Replies
useryRPlrgiVwd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok first time worked perfectly, second time error, third time error, forth time worked. So unfortunately no luck for me. I do hope you are having more luck. 

Still silence from Samsung, as expected.

thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes
AricR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I personally have been having much better luck on my end over the last few days. Occasionally when I plug my phone in, it will come up with a window asking about enabling USB mode (I'll try to grab a screenshot next time it happens), but if I unplug my phone and plug it back in, that message goes away.

Really, that's the only issue I've had since enabling "Transferring Files" mode. 90% of the time Android Auto is working on my S10+. Sorry to hear yours isn't working as well.

What errors or issues are you seeing when your phone isn't working after enabling the file transferring mode?
useryRPlrgiVwd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thanks for the reply,

I do appreciate your help and support. Something Samsung lacks.

Tried again yesterday. I make sure there are no other apps running as I had read that it might be an app causing the problem. Worked great again for first and this time second attempt, but third it goes into moisture detected mode so just disconnect the phone from the car. I then click the ok button and all stops. that is the only error message I receive. Will keep looking for a fix, but I think its up to the manufactures to get their heads together and come up with a solution. It looks like your skill set is better than mine with phones and looks like better than Samsung's. Once again thanks for your help and will keep and eye on this page should we get a permeant fix. In my younger days we didn't have this problem with a just having a phone on the wall. Take care

Kindest Regards

AricR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Here's another update after a few weeks of using my phone after applying the above workaround:

I have had absolutely no moisture detected issues, but I have had general Android auto issues. Basically, Android Auto will work after plugging my phone in, but in order to maintain a connection, I cannot move my phone, unlock it, or really make any false moves. If it does lose connection, I have to unplug and re-plug in my phone. Sometimes my phone will only start charging, so I have to re-plug it in a few times to get Android auto to re-engage. Luckily potholes or bumps on the road don't seem to disturb it.

Reading about other folks issues with Android Auto this seems to be par for the course. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like my fix has helped everyone. At this point, the issue has to be with the way the head units are designed at the manufacturer, or the voltage the ports deliver.

My wife's iPhone works flawlessly using Apple Car Play. She can play on her phone while it's plugged in. Move it around, and it always seems to maintain a connection. Android Auto in my opinion just isn't there yet based on the sheer number of issues I've read about online. It seems like Google is working on it, but the connection issues for me are almost a deal breaker.
useryRPlrgiVwd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the update. Still no luck with mine, so may look at changing phone suppliers, just dont like Apple, but will give this phone more time for them to fix as its still fairly new in my world and no sense in jumping from the frying pan into the fire if you know what I mean. Glad to hear you have it half fixed. thanks again mate. Will keep my ear to the ground as well.

userltci2AtFdf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I find I need to start the car before plugging in the phone.

I need to unplug the phone before turning off the car, otherwise the moisture alert alarm goes off.

Then it takes a few days to get rid of the STUPID alarm, rinse, repeat. It is hard to remember to unplug it before killing the ignition.

I don't think I'll be buying another Samsung

useryRPlrgiVwd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the info will give it a try.

I like the Samsung, but also dont want the problems and replacing a car is out of the question. 

Come on Samsung get it together.

0 Likes
usert3ysHtXkgQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i came here due to similar problem phone showing moisture detected, after some time (hours) message goes away , and i can charge phone with cable normally. However as soon as i plug in to many Usb devices (but not all, go figure) the alert turns on inmediately and again have to wait hours to charge.

i have gotten this workaround to work.

when phone has humidity alert

1-turn it off

2-plug into powered usb device (PC, car, in my case portable monitor for samsung DEx, same one that would normaly trigger the humidity alert) the phone will start charging, note that if i where to plug with power brick the phone would not charge showing the humidity alert even when off.

3- while still pluged to the Usb -C turn the phone on.

Now phone starts normally, alert is gone and i can use the usb device normally.

Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can understand how frustrating this can be. I recommend updating the phone to the latest software and clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

If this doesn't work then I would suggest that you go to the play store and reach out to the developers. Their developer's information is located in the play store.